Marineland DD holes??

Karl Hevacheck

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
119
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the overflows have two 1" holes drilled on each side. One return, and one drain. Has anyone drilled an extra drain? Bad idea? Does anyone know if the back glass panel is drillable? I was also considering removing the stock overflows to have more space, and just go with an external overflow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
There are several people here on R2R that have the DD. Mike&Terry are one that comes to mind. You might look their build thread over or ask them the question via PM.
 
Thanks, Wendy. I'll look for them. I'm new here, and there are just so many categories...
 
Welcome to R2R! Yes the database is massive. I wish such a thing would have been available when I started years ago.
 
Thanks. I'm just new to R2R. I'm more active on my local forum. I've had several tanks over the past few years. The 200gDD is the biggest tank I've owned, and hoping it's the last. I currently have a 120g sps tank. I want to make sure I do things right with the 200g. The thing I don't like about the 120g is how loud the drains are. The 200 has the same specs for drains and was hoping to get another opinion on what I should do with it.
 
I have an external "almost" c2c overflow on my 300 DD.......love it! So much more room in tank, more flow than the stock corner overflows and set up with a bean animal system......dead silent. It isn't a marineland tank so I can't speak for customizing yours but if you have the ability to do it I would say its worth your while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new