Marinepure media in Aquaclear filters

muntwo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
51
Reaction score
19
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience fitting a 1” thick slab of Marinepure media into an Aquaclear filter for their nano/pico tanks? How badly is flow restricted if the media is cut to the dimensions of the Aquaclear filter (so that water is forced through the ceramic media)?

Critics (https://reefbuilders.com/2014/11/03/surface-area-live-rock-matter/) have expressed their concerns about this filter media being a sink for biological waste and the online forums have become an echo chamber for this bro-science, but has anyone actually used it?
 
Another solution? https://greatwaveeng.com/shop/media/biohome-standard-media/

I use this in my canister, I know don't cringe, but it kicks butt. Might be better in your case, you could add piece by piece until it works against the flow, just an idea. I have the MarinePure media, i feel like you can cut, sand, modify the stuff down in size to do just about anything you want it to do. I haven't had any issues with either product in regards to it being a "biological sink for waste"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new