Mark on my clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter tuanc704
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tuanc704

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Messages
208
Reaction score
15
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Can someone please tell me what are the marks on my clownfish? It appears on both sides and I really don't know what cause this. He he's keep swimming at the bottom of the tank. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341773728.147081.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341773728.147081.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 131
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341773800.465338.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341773800.465338.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 117
If you are talking about the white blotches, it is hard to say. Could be brook or velvet. Since it looks like a tank bred clown, I would lean more towards velvet. Either way, a freshwater dip with the same ph as your tank and temp would help. If it is velvet, 5 minutes will help get rid of it off the clown. Velvet doesn't do well with osmotic changes. 5 minutes would be the minimum amount of time.
 
Last edited:
yeah would agree with velvet or brooks good fresh water dip will work
 
It's like some kind of bruises. A friend of my told me something like coral sting. The marks r long. Hope this pic would help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341776567.021232.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341776567.021232.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 104
Could anything be bullying it?
 
Once a while I saw the other clown did. And I just added medium hippo and clown wrasse in friday. Idk if it happened before the new fishes or after but since last night this guy acted weirded and I noticed the light brown long marks on him. Like someone just get whipped and bruises up. There r no white spot on him I looked real good on the fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new