Marking frags

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2010
Messages
2,379
Reaction score
55
Location
San Diego, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good way of marking a plug/disc, etc? Sorta requires the method to be waterproof and non-toxic of course :nerd:

Typically I use the commonly sold plugs of one brand or another, but also been utilizing just HD tile too, so not sure if anyone knows what could work on either or both of those. Many thanks!
 
Well, sexycorals' plugs came with what looks like black marker on them...he had his frags labled like that....didn't seem to kill anything in my tanks so I figured it wasn't toxic :) ask him!
 
Sharpie..however that is spelled..i might be right....

Anyways i use it to help draw cut zones on eggcrate for frag racks and once it is in the tank, no toxic related problems occur...i think mike might use sharpie too, please correct me if im wrong tho
 
so if a sharpie is applied when the plug is dry, it won't smear once in the tank? I've used it on PVC before and never really thought twice about it (large system) but I just sort of assumed it would disolve into the water on the concrete-like frag plugs.

Thanks all, I'll give it a shot next time I'm fragging.
 
I can never get corraline to grow... I think it's from running a ulns. My corals thrive and corraline is no where to be found..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new