Mark's Triton Drop in the Ocean

Had a bit of a scare this morning. Went to feed and as I set the Apex to feed mode I always check PH. It had dropped to 6.35 over night.

I'd noticed my Ca was high so had been slowly reducing the Triton dosing to compensate.

Checked salinity and it had risen to 1.028......I'd only gone and forgotten to turn my ATO back on 3 days ago after adding some
Locline to the return.
The tank had lost about 12 litres through evaporation. (Didn't realise it was that quick!)

Topped back up with some RO and the Ph levels off.

Moral of the story: if you fanny around, remember to turn everything back on!!

IMG_2718.JPG
 
Mystery solved.
The ATO not running and allowing the sump level to drop left my Apex PH and Temp probes high and dry. Out of the water.
No wonder the readings dropped off!!!

IMG_2730.JPG


Thanks to Hugo Snell on the Triton Method FB page for suggesting this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new