Maroon Clown laid eggs

  • Thread starter Thread starter djray77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
735
Location
Davison, Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns laid eggs, I'm not sure what to do? Is there any chance I can keep them or will they all get eaten?
They are on the back wall so I doubt I can scrape them off and put them in a separate tank without crushing them all?

20200420_100941.jpg 20200420_100918.jpg 20200420_100841.jpg
 
Will likely get eaten.
Now that they are fertile, grab one or two clean clay flower pots and place in same area. They should use it in time for breeding (about every two weeks)
Once eggs are laid, you can transfer pot with eggs to a 20 gal tank and provide good water flow to keep eggs free of fungus and disease. Use tank water and maintain same water temp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new