Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Birdbrains?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh so maybe hers are small due to no momming. Thanks!! I think she’s a beauty too. She had a mouth wound when she came in from divers den and wouldn't eat for over a week; I was really upset. She’s all good now though :) kinda derpy lol

Oh wonderful that you got her back on track. It is so satisfying to make a good difference for one's fish and they can get into so much trouble while waiting at the fish stores.

1588511831122.png

Nothing can bite through these, at least nothing we keep in our tanks. They are a pain to put on and even though they go way up the shoulder water inevitably gets in, then its a week of drying to clean them out. I recently redid the aquascape in their tank and I wouldn't have been able to do it without these. Prior to the aquascape redo I killed a ton of aiptasia with aiptasia x. Part of the reason I let it get out of control in here is I just didn't want to deal with her attacks. At first she would attack the syringe, but later realized she got more of a reaction from the hand.

I got mine in October of 2018. There was a size difference but they were still quite young. I used a divider when they were in QT and they still got through. The poor male healed maybe 10x and the last time I introduced them together when I found them (despite checking frequently) she was beating his dead body!

After that she lived alone until summer 2019. It was a similar scenario this time but eventually I did get them to pair up. So she was alone from about November to July and just as mean in that time frame.

I heard that those were the best gloves too, and omg.... what a terrifying species of fish! The bigger clowns seem very intelligent, for a fish obviously, it is sad that the maroons are too aggressive to be kept easily. It must be because they are trying to take over all of the world but fishes are still the best pets even if they don't want us around in their territory.

They are so cute though, do show lots and lots of pictures on R2R so I can enjoy maroons vicariously through people who dare to keep them :D

robs8ft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i have a lovely pair of marron clowns i have a problem with one of the cheek spines on the 6" femaile it has gone white i have looked everywhere but no one seems to know what it might be advice would be great

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back