Maroon or tomato Clowns? Bad idea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Treefer32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns are a very pretty fish but they are very aggressive. I've never been a fan of how Tomato Clowns look nor have I enjoyed their personality very much.
 
I've had two pairs of gold banded maroon clowns and the only time one pair became overly aggressive is when I added an anenome for them. Once the anenome was gone they became good citizens again. Every time my female clown tries to show me that they have territory I chase her with my hand and flick at her. She rarely does much more than hide when I'm working on the tank.
 
Don't do it I have been bit a lot by my gold line maroon clown
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new