Mars aqua 165 watt lights spread

Grimreefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got 3 that id like to put up (temporarily) over a 7ft long x 2ft deep tank will this work for lps and softies Till i feel comfortable enough to move the rest of my more sensitive coral and nem over. I have 2 hydra 32's now and will be leaving my 40 breeder up till i get 2 more for the 210 gallon heres a pic just for a visual.

20201207_163732.jpg

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they will be fine with the spread aspect of it all. I'd be careful as to intensity because these lights have severe hot spots because of the lenses they use. I have a viper spectra black box over my 37g display and I just upgraded (ordered) to a pair of ai prime 16hd's. The spectrum coverage on the mars boxes leaves something to be desired as well. According to brs, the viparspectra boxes have the best spectrum coverage. But they all work just about the same. Just something to consider! Especially knowing your ai's are probably providing perfect par distribution and spectrum coverage. Food for thought. Move the corals who need the least care, are the most hardy, and you would stand the least to lose. See how they adapt, then consider moving the others.

Ps: when you move the ai's to your 210, use a pair of the black boxes on your 40 if you plan to keep it assembled. They are not the best lights, but they will 100% for certain grow corals!

OP
OP
Grimreefer89

Grimreefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the response you confirmed what i needed to know. As far as the 40 goes idk what im gonna do with it just yet. I really want a frag tank setup. So we shall see!

Back