Mars blackbox or aqua illumination?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryce M.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I use a mars aqua 300w on my 90 gallon, which is 2 feet tall. I can grow sps on the bottom, so take it as you want
 
Orbits are very low output, Dana, 16 par at 24 inch deep. More like a nightlight than a reef light
Manuf. Data Doesn't state which Apogee BUT in water, 48" model
Orbit_PAR.png


Orbit_Lenses.png


https://currentusa.zendesk.com/hc/e...wavelength-does-the-Orbit-Marine-LED-produce-
 
Last edited:
Well guys thanks for the input, I bit 50,000000 bullets and bought a kessil a360 with a narrow lens, the par just blew me away honestly. Just got one to try some SPS with for now, if I like it I'll buy more
 
Wow, just got it, very impressed. It's lighting half my tank with the orbits doing the other
literally night and day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new