MARS Swap...anybody have a shopping list?

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just wondering how many of us are attending the MARS swap, I know its a ways away, just wondering.

If you are going, whats on your shopping list?

Myself, I'm looking for aussie acros, crazy montiporas like sunset ect and pretty much any other unique sps.

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rare zoas/palys and nice chalices and thats about all cause wont be able to fit anymore.

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the date changing I now have a conflict with a trip to Florida. Guess I'll have to spend the MARS money at the LFS in Tampa and the keys. Anybody transported corals on a plane recently????? Any hassles?

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I will be collecting (legally) cleaner crews and possibly fish when I go in a month. I'm going to take them in my carry-on (with paperwork showing liquid with living things in it is legal to fly with) or ship them overnight from Florida City just outside the Keys. I'll let you know how that works out. Gotta have the docs or they may not let you board with them as not all employees even know that rule. When in doubt they make you dump...

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me the links for the docs if you would. Please> I may be inclined to pick up a few things off the beach or when snorkeling with my daughter. We are scheduled to snorkel the Crystal River with the manatees but I think they might be too big to fit in a 92 gallon corner tank.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would make a killer species tank! While you're snorkeling find a preshistoric shark tooth for me while you're at it. I'll try and find that link for you. Sorry to derail thread.

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted in the worst way to go Meg tooth hunting. BUT I was just informed that they have new regs regarding colecting. You are only allowed one fossil tooth tthe size of a nickel. I already have one 6" tooth my wife got me for Christmas a few years ago but I reaally wanted to find one on my own.

ziggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll be at this swap.. we'll be selling but also buying too :) Looking for some cool chalices this time!

mark_molly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a garf bonsai frag for a while.... hoping maybe I might snatch one. Mainly looking for sps right now.

Do people bring clams with them?? We're in the market for one of those too.

-Molly

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were 2 vendors that had clams at the Discovery World swap last fall. I would imagine there would be a few at madison.

where is da yooper hiding these days? I keep waiting for his pre-order for sale list... :)

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Da Yooper is still here! We are going to Lansing on the 31st, I'll probably be doing some presales after that...

Working on getting some colors back in my corals! Found the source of a voltage leak in my main display/prop tank, Was running my skimmer pump without a shaft because of the massive mesh mod on it, wore a hole in the side of the motor... so now running skimmerless until I get (order) a new pump....

On that note, if anyone has a spare Sicce psk2500 pump let me know! :bigsmile: I could use a spare!

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that were asking about clams check out ziggy and tonys corals for swaps. This is what we are bringing plus a few extras and at good low prices like always! We might have some sunset monti frags also!

Tony

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back