MarvinsReef 90g Clownfish & Anemone Tank...

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin - looking nice!

Yeah I love my Pair of Lineatus and 4 Flame's - they add a TON of character to the tank.
With the Borbonius, and a few other fish, it makes for a cool assortment of colors and personalities.

I have been thinking about adding a nice Labouti and another unknown wrasse that I haven't decided on yet.

Are your Flames totally cool with you you go into the tank? Mine eat from my hands, cruise around my hand and check me out if I have the camera in there and everything else. It is definitely cool. My Scotts would freak out if I went near the QT tank - he didn't make it of course.

I'll have to make a video like you did one day.

chefzif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up you will probably not neet two MP40's you will be suprised on one driving the tank! Good Luck !

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin - looking nice!

Yeah I love my Pair of Lineatus and 4 Flame's - they add a TON of character to the tank.
With the Borbonius, and a few other fish, it makes for a cool assortment of colors and personalities.

I have been thinking about adding a nice Labouti and another unknown wrasse that I haven't decided on yet.

Are your Flames totally cool with you you go into the tank? Mine eat from my hands, cruise around my hand and check me out if I have the camera in there and everything else. It is definitely cool. My Scotts would freak out if I went near the QT tank - he didn't make it of course.

I'll have to make a video like you did one day.
Thanks Chad... they are definitely a lot of fun to watch... they all swim in the open and most don't mind my hand in the tank when I'm working on the tank... I don't put my hands in the tank when I feed... I mix the food in a container and use a syringe type thingamajig to squirt the food in the tank... ;) Lineatus are definitely a must in a F&F tank... they just add so much color... Scott's are really aggressive so I will pass up on them and they lose most of their bright colors over time... Laboutei's are also kinda mean and I see a little conflict with the body type and coloration being similar with the Lineatus... for me, I chose the Rhomboids to compliment the Lineatus and HI Flames... I've owned both a nice male Scott and Laboutei in the past... :)

Nice set up you will probably not neet two MP40's you will be suprised on one driving the tank! Good Luck !
Thanks... :)

I have the dial almost all the way for the MP40 already... it does move the water pretty well but some of the back area, I see dead spots... well see though... I might just play around with the location of the MP40 to see it it makes a difference... I have it on reefcrest mode...

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chad... they are definitely a lot of fun to watch... they all swim in the open and most don't mind my hand in the tank when I'm working on the tank... I don't put my hands in the tank when I feed... I mix the food in a container and use a syringe type thingamajig to squirt the food in the tank... ;) Lineatus are definitely a must in a F&F tank... they just add so much color... Scott's are really aggressive so I will pass up on them and they lose most of their bright colors over time... Laboutei's are also kinda mean and I see a little conflict with the body type and coloration being similar with the Lineatus... for me, I chose the Rhomboids to compliment the Lineatus and HI Flames... I've owned both a nice male Scott and Laboutei in the past... :)

Thanks... :)

I have the dial almost all the way for the MP40 already... it does move the water pretty well but some of the back area, I see dead spots... well see though... I might just play around with the location of the MP40 to see it it makes a difference... I have it on reefcrest mode...

thingamajig..... Is that the brand or model? Where can I pick one of those u?:tongue:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Marv your fish are the bomb!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water change done 09-05-09... about 20g worth... I'm gonna do another one this week... sometimes, I get into a mode where I do water changes for 3-4 weeks in a row... I'd like to think that this improve my water quality, therefore making my corals and fishes happier... ;)

although now, the cost is multiplied by 3-4x from my previous tanks... LoLz....

btw, I will be pickin' up a nice Lineatus this Friday... yay!!! not a SuperMale but a nice young male... I didn't wanna go through the Crazy Rhomboid phase again.... Rambo was a stud that he went crazy everytime he saw his reflection on the glass... I'm glad he's toned down now... I'm hoping the Lineatus won't go crazy since he's not a stud/SuperMale yet.... btw, I just made up the "stud" phase... it's the phase between adult male and SuperMale... hahaha... :)

and just another vid of the harem..
[youtube]b2eg2mIOKe8[/youtube]

Last edited:
I

inactive

View Badges
Oh no your tank is crashing better ship everything to my house thx.

Looks great man. Im jealous

jc5205

TOTM May '08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good Marvin..........LMK when your ready for your frags,,,,Congrats on #2

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey marvin very nice tank.

Are all of your McCoskers male? I have been trying to get some females but they seem harder to get then the males.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an updated FTS?
not atm Ricky... I haven't really been doing much with the tank... adding here and there... still having issues with the bubble algae and I haven't been on top of it as much as I should be... hopefully, I'll get it all situated during the winter so I can start adding some more colorful corals in the tank... :)

WOW!! Dont know if i can come up with anything better to say. So, I'll say it again WOW!!!
Thank you... :)

Back