MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoa!? where did it go? hehe upsy!
hey J... yeah, been busy lately.. :)

update on the tanks though... I finally was able to acquire a T5HO fixture for the nano.. I'm quite happy with it... I also ordered new bulbs: (2) 22k AquaScience, (1) ATI Blue +, and KZ Fiji Purple... I tried that combo, I was hoping to get a nice 20k look similar to the Radium bulb... but it was just a tad bluer than what I want... I replaced the ATI Blue + to the regular TRU 10k bulb that came with the fixture.. so far, I like that look but I will be buying a ATI Blue special to replace the 10k for a little more par... I really enjoy the T5 lighting so I'll definitely consider doing an all T5 lights whenever I upgrade... the plans for the nano is to hold most of the smaller frags that I'm growing out and also double as a frag tank to eliminate as much clutter on the main tank... hopefully by end of Feb, the main tank will look even cleaner with just grown corals... :)

anyway, we have a local frag swap tomorrow and I cannot wait to get all the frags out from the main tank and frag tank... I have also been able to acquire some nice pieces to add to the collection... only mishap that have really put me down was the loss of my Snowcasso probably 2-3 weeks ago.. that's the main reason of not even updating this thread... I'm down to a pair of HI Flames, Helfrich firefish and the ORA Picasso now... I guess it's good for the bioload... I'm for sure going to replace the Snowcasso with another one later down the road... I guess that's it for now.. I will get some pics of the additions soon... :)

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great Marv. I'm really happy with my T5's (just finished going to 2-Blue+, 1-Aquablue, 1-Procolor) and I think I will be using them for any future tanks that I put together. One kinda feels ripped off considering the longer bulbs are pretty much the same price as the 24" ones, but I guess Ill just have to take that into account with any new tank setups.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great Marv. I'm really happy with my T5's (just finished going to 2-Blue+, 1-Aquablue, 1-Procolor) and I think I will be using them for any future tanks that I put together. One kinda feels ripped off considering the longer bulbs are pretty much the same price as the 24" ones, but I guess Ill just have to take that into account with any new tank setups.
T5HO is cool.... :D

now some pics...

introducing Hybrid PPE's
01-25-09_HybridPPE.jpg

Flash shot
01-23-09_HybPPEFlash.jpg

better shot of OPE's
OPE_01-23-09.jpg

Flash shot
01-23-09_OPEFlash.jpg

nice PE morph
01-25-09_NicePE.jpg

Acan Bowerbanki... so much better in person... HELP, Junior... ;)
01-25-09Bowebanki.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now for some decent actinic shots... couldn't believe the colors of these guys under actinic... :)

Bowerbanki
01-25-09BowerB_Act.jpg

01-25-09BowerB_ActCL.jpg

01-25-09NicePE_Act.jpg

just for kicks
01-25-09Hybrid_Act.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome stuff Marv!!

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Marv.. nice to see new stuff ... hows my PH zoas :D?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Marv.. nice to see new stuff ... hows my PH zoas :D?
Thanks Steve... PH are growing... ;)

Marv is this the Bowerbanki from yesterday?
Tomasz
yup... that's the one... couldn't pass it up... reminds me a lot of an old Aussie lords I got from Todd... here's some pics of them... I wonder if they are the same? lost them last year when I moved... :(

Cherrylords_1P.jpg

Huge_lordsA_1PTP.jpg

Huge_lordsA_1P.jpg

Huge_lords_2TP.jpg

Huge_lords_2P.jpg

Flashlords_1P.jpg

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic as usual :) Love the bowerbanki! Wish I had any success at keeping acan type corals.

Back