MarvinsReef Zoanthid Dominated Reef...

jeff20h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Love your taste in corals! Thanks for all the interesting info. Hope it continues to go well for you.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the delayed replies... but thanks for stopping by..

Nice looking tank. Lots of changes
Thank you.. yeah, had to move or switch tanks about 3 or 4 times the past two years... :)

I don't now if I'm permitted to ask this question, but whats one of your frags run a fellow?
check out the FS thread.. I post some frag packs every now and then...

Great thread! Love your taste in corals! Thanks for all the interesting info. Hope it continues to go well for you.
Thanks... with a smaller tank like mine, I have to be a little more selective on what goes in it... :)

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always marv beautiful tank, I'm hoping to get mine established indefinitely soon enough....problem is I got a 120 now too lol I may hock that to just keep the starphire goin :)

Anyway beautiful tank, just goes to show not all TOTM worthy tanks have to be SPS :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always marv beautiful tank, I'm hoping to get mine established indefinitely soon enough....problem is I got a 120 now too lol I may hock that to just keep the starphire goin :)

Anyway beautiful tank, just goes to show not all TOTM worthy tanks have to be SPS :)
Thank you Andy... now, I just wish I had your skills on building stuff... maybe I'll actually have a bigger tank.... ;)

thanks for stopping by... hopefully we'll meet on one of these local swaps... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know how to do photo stacking so I just took a bunch of pics... :hammer: this is one of my favorite chalice... these pics are taken under T5's in my 12g JBJ holding tank/frag tank... (2) 22k AquaScience, (1) ATI Blue +, (1) KZ Fiji Purple... too much blue IMHO, but that's what I have for now... I'll probably change out the ATI Blue + or one of the 22k AquaScience to an ATI Blue Special...

02-06-09_GD.jpg

GumDrops_3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
much props go to Donovan and www.juicycorals.com for these two awesome chalice... both are taken under the same lighting as the one above... :)

Agent Orange chalice (actually more orange in person... hopefully when she gets bigger, the colors will show better)
02-06-09_AgentO.jpg

BGM... ain't she cute... ;)
02-06-09_BGM.jpg

lastly, Blue Sherbert chalice from The Tropicorium... I've had this one for a few weeks... :)
02-06-09_BlueSherbert.jpg

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything is just georgeous! i think you need to share some of your palys with me :) heheeheh

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks to flricordia for these...

02-11-09_Nightmares.jpg

I'm just glad to have these back as they really remind me of Red Wines, which I lost from last year's tank move...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cant afford anything like that...haha. After seeing these I got to thinking I really need some red and blue in my tank.
I would recommend investing on a few nice morphs and use them as trade baits... and keep your eye out on stuff you like... doesn't hurt to pm the person when you're ready to trade... :)

good luck finding the reds and blues... ;)

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always keeping my eyes open. Problem is my wallet is usually closed...hahah. I think I convinced my GF to let me go spend some money at WWC today so I need to go do that before she changes her mind :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a mess!!! my tank is a mess again!!! most of the colonies have settled in nicely and started growing again... yeah, I know I need a bigger tank... :hammer:

AoG colony
02-18-09AoG.jpg

Hybrid PPE colony
02-18-09Hybrid.jpg

Original Mummy Eye colony
02-18-09OME.jpg

Favorite LPS
02-18-09MessToo.jpg

Colorful Mess
02-18-09Mess.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 82 33.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back