MarvinsReef Zoanthid Dominated Reef...

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you were happy with Riverside? This is the first I have heard of them.

Also, how you liking the Fiji Purple? The ATI Procolor was not my cup of tea so I'm trying to figure out a good 4th bulb. Was looking a the 75/25 bulbs, but the FP may be an option too.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you were happy with Riverside? This is the first I have heard of them.

Also, how you liking the Fiji Purple? The ATI Procolor was not my cup of tea so I'm trying to figure out a good 4th bulb. Was looking a the 75/25 bulbs, but the FP may be an option too.
yup.... quite happy with Mary and Riverside Corals... :)

the Fiji Purple is pretty nice... compliments the 22k AquaScience well... I'm probably going to replace the ATI Blue+ to Blue special to see how that's gonna look... the light combo I have now works out great esp for newly arrived corals... I place them on the bottom of the frag tank, sometime under a shelf rack so they can acclimate... I normally leave the new arrivals in my frag tank for a few days to make sure they are happy before moving to the main tank.. :)

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh got ya. Right now I have 2-Blue+ and 1-Aquablue Special. I need something to hit the purples, hence my interest in the 75/25 or FP. Glad things are going well in your tank....I'd love to know how you find all the space for this stuff :)

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya Marvin!

Do you have an updated list of your feeding/dosing regimen/schedule somewhere?

:D

I think he just puts his hand over his tank and says "GROW". Light from above comes down, shining on the tank and the corals multiply before his eyes! :snicker:

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh got ya. Right now I have 2-Blue+ and 1-Aquablue Special. I need something to hit the purples, hence my interest in the 75/25 or FP. Glad things are going well in your tank....I'd love to know how you find all the space for this stuff :)
lemme know how the 75/25 works out... you know someone that wants a monster Tyree Neon Green toadstool?!? :hammer:

Heya Marvin!

Do you have an updated list of your feeding/dosing regimen/schedule somewhere?

:D
no... I actually don't have a set routine atm... I need to get back to it... I haven't been dosing anything, just keeping up with the water changes... the power of water changes... LoLz...

I think he just puts his hand over his tank and says "GROW". Light from above comes down, shining on the tank and the corals multiply before his eyes! :snicker:

I think you're mixing up Rev and Marvin!

:D :D :D
you guys are way funny.... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two new additions... in the frag tank atm... this is 10-15 mins after being in the tank... lighting is 4 x 24w T5 -- (2) 22k AquaScience; (1) Fiji Purple; (1) ATI Blue +

Enjoy!!!

PINK *******
03-20-09Boobies2.jpg

03-20-09Boobies3.jpg

Tyree PINK WMAE
03-20-09TyPink1.jpg

03-20-09TyPink2.jpg

aaronlovesshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently finished reading through this thread. I wanted to give a heart-felt thankyou for your work documenting your challenges and successes. This is a truly inspiring thread to me!!

One question and a comment:

Are these the ones you call "Mandarin Orange?" As an aside this pic gave me a big smile

SuperMan.jpg

PINK *******
03-20-09Boobies2.jpg

Wow, it gave me a RUSH to see this one . . . Sooo Beautiful, thanks for sharing the lighting conditions on this one as well.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently finished reading through this thread. I wanted to give a heart-felt thankyou for your work documenting your challenges and successes. This is a truly inspiring thread to me!!

One question and a comment:

Are these the ones you call "Mandarin Orange?" As an aside this pic gave me a big smile

Wow, it gave me a RUSH to see this one . . . Sooo Beautiful, thanks for sharing the lighting conditions on this one as well.
WOW Aaron... went through the whole thing eh? :)

it's been a journey for me with this thread... I like documenting what has happened with my tanks and I'm so glad I did coz I can always look back and see what has happened through my reefing years... :)

on your Q, yeah those are the Mandarin oranges... that combo of the True Superman monti and the Mandarin orange zoas is one of my favorite pics in my tank... oh, yeah the Pink ******* is the bombdiggity... thanks again for stopping by and leaving a mark... I appreciate the kudos... :)

aaronlovesshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for your reply Marvin,

I spent several nights after the kid's bedtime going through about 30 pages at a time. I really enjoyed the "POTD" section up front describing tank conditions, progression, lineage etc.. I also enjoyed the progression of your photography skills from the beginning to present.

I still mourn the absence of the big pink yuma (did this one go to Junior?) and hoping that if it is not in Juniors tank that you have tabs on it. There is one that is about the same size but blue in a local store here . . . Lovely!!!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for your reply Marvin,

I spent several nights after the kid's bedtime going through about 30 pages at a time. I really enjoyed the "POTD" section up front describing tank conditions, progression, lineage etc.. I also enjoyed the progression of your photography skills from the beginning to present.

I still mourn the absence of the big pink yuma (did this one go to Junior?) and hoping that if it is not in Juniors tank that you have tabs on it. There is one that is about the same size but blue in a local store here . . . Lovely!!!
yeah, I'm gonna start the PoTD when I get more time... or might just do a Photo of the Week... I also miss the Huge Pink Yuma... I had her for 3-4 years before giving her up... she went to a good home and last I heard still going strong... :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back