Mason Plott Internet Scavenger Hunt.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, what would you say to putting together a scavenger hunt of sorts for Mason. Something along the lines of participants would pay an entry fee of lets say $25 per entry and then be entitled to clues to help solve the hunt. Winner would receive an array of LE corals which could total $$$$ depending on what all could be donated. One Winner. Winner take all. We would really need to push the info out there to get a bunch of participants but who knows?.....Just a thought!!!!!

I have LE stuff and Im sure we could really put together a bonanza of stuff if we try hard enough. Maybe even do 2 simotaneous hunts. One for $25 and one for $100 both would offer different prizes. $100 would be for those that could afford it and that one would have big time stuff like LE tyree watermelon chalice, mummy eye chalice, miami hurricane etc... etc...

If we could capture the attention of the other forums and had the right LE stuff, I bet we could raise all the money needed for Mason.

Last edited:

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, what would you say to putting together a scavenger hunt of sorts for Mason. Something along the lines of participants would pay an entry fee of lets say $25 per entry and then be entitled to clues to help solve the hunt. Winner would receive an array of LE corals which could total $$$$ depending on what all could be donated. One Winner. Winner take all. We would really need to push the info out there to get a bunch of participants but who knows?.....Just a thought!!!!!

I have LE stuff and Im sure we could really put together a bonanza of stuff if we try hard enough. Maybe even do 2 simotaneous hunts. One for $25 and one for $100 both would offer different prizes. $100 would be for those that could afford it and that one would have big time stuff like LE tyree watermelon chalice, mummy eye chalice, miami hurricane etc... etc...

If we could capture the attention of the other forums and had the right LE stuff, I bet we could raise all the money needed for Mason.

If we decide to do this, Ill post it on Saltwaterfish.com and tell a couple of friends about it and Im sure theyd be happy to participate and spread the word.

jaydm93teg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would be down for this would be interesting to see how something like this could work.

OP
OP
oceaninabox

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I think it would be fun and supportive all at the same time.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow this would be awesome, but I would have no idea how to put one on.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well one way to do it is to use all of our sponsors sites. you could have a certain picture like a clipart of sorts that you have to find on each of their sites. they could post the clipart next to a coral pic or within a description of something or in their about us or shipping pages. you could give a clue to which website for each find me thing. and i supposed to begin this you would just post a list of clues to find the cliparts and once someone has it all completed they in return send you their list of http addresses of where they found each thing.
hope that made sense but
ive seen it done this way before.

OP
OP
oceaninabox

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure exactly how to do it, but I would venture to say that it would be a huge success if we could all participate and really help push the info out there. Not only that, but even the sponsors would benefit by having recognition of there websites blasted all over the net with lots of new visitors wanting to play in the hunt. im just thinking out loud, but have lots of ideas hard to express them all on here.

OP
OP
oceaninabox

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can think it and dream it, then you can do it.

OP
OP
oceaninabox

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess so. Doesnt seem to be a lot of interest. I thought it would be a hoot myself. It would have to be structured and I have never done one. Just another one of my crazy ideas...LOL

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess so. Doesnt seem to be a lot of interest. I thought it would be a hoot myself. It would have to be structured and I have never done one. Just another one of my crazy ideas...LOL

perry its not crazy its an AWSOME idea i would be in and ik alot of others would be lets get this started! man ill put it together if u guys want give me a week and ill come up with 100 reef related question NP. Just let me know! i dont care about not being in it some one give me the go ahead and ill make it happen!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the idea myself as well, just don't really know what to do!! LOL!

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like an awesome idea to me, I could talk to nino about it. I'm sure we could put something together.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev u get the money thing set up and ill have 100 questions ready in a week all saltwater related! all u need to do is figure out cost and prizes ill do the rest!!!!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back