Master Reef Chemist Certification Question!!! (yes, you want this title)

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was surprising! I have faith that there are smart people out there to save Earth from Co2 :D

I was going to say A because its Randy favorite letter considering its the first vowel in his name. :D Icprefer physchology over math lol. But I find it very interesting all this. Thanks!

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was surprising! I have faith that there are smart people out there to save Earth from Co2 :D

I was going to say A because its Randy favorite letter considering its the first vowel in his name. :D Icprefer physchology over math lol. But I find it very interesting all this. Thanks!
I think it may also serve as a reminder of the huge chasm between theory and real world, and why remote trouble shooting members tank often proves a fruitless endeavor (as we can't know all the variables and factors really happening in someones reef just by talking to them online).

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it may also serve as a reminder of the huge chasm between theory and real world, .

Not sure what you mean. Folks who tried it experimentally also see the rise, and now they know it isn't just an error. :)

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean. Folks who tried it experimentally also see the rise, and now they know it isn't just an error. :)
Agreed.

However in your original question you were very careful to specify many variables which are harder to account for in a real reef, such as the purity of the source water, the exact temp, the lack of aeration/exposure to room air, no evaporation etc.

When dealing with many reefers who are novices, they often lack the accumen to even identify what basic variables to even consider, much less being able to identify all the variables that can impact the issue and get accurate measurements.

I am not exactly a novice and you have on at least 3 occassions inforned me that the variable i was considering was probably not the one causing the problem or probably not the manifestation of some other input i was considering.

Which of course, is much appreciated. [emoji12]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed.

However in your original question you were very careful to specify many variables which are harder to account for in a real reef, such as the purity of the source water, the exact temp, the lack of aeration/exposure to room air etc.

True. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back