Mastertronic Accuracy and Calibration (comparison against other test results)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Mastertronic for a few days now and all testresults look okay, except for Calcium which is way off (100ppm) compared with a Salifert testkit i trust.
What can i try to fix this?
@ReefJonas

Sincerely Lasse

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheered too soon about the other parameters than Calcium. Just got a KH result which was suddenly a full point higher than previous results. Grabbed the Hanna checker to compare, the KH didn't rise suddenly.

So this thing needs more work.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheered too soon about the other parameters than Calcium. Just got a KH result which was suddenly a full point higher than previous results. Grabbed the Hanna checker to compare, the KH didn't rise suddenly.

So this thing needs more work.
Okay, got an explanation for the sudden rised KH measurement. I suspect the Mastertronic sucked up tank water exactly at the moment i was dosing kalkwasser. The dosing and sucking happens in the same (return) chamber. I'll report if it happens again.

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Mastertronic for a few days now and all testresults look okay, except for Calcium which is way off (100ppm) compared with a Salifert testkit i trust.
What can i try to fix this?
1641567772890.png

I am having the same issue. Found this video (Mastertronic Test Results and High Ca+ Reading Solved)
I did a manual test with the reagent and it was off. I order new test kits and will follow the video.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1641567772890.png

I am having the same issue. Found this video (Mastertronic Test Results and High Ca+ Reading Solved)
I did a manual test with the reagent and it was off. I order new test kits and will follow the video.
I get your 560 number for Calcium when i select just "Api" in the MT app. When i select "Api CA2+ low range", which you should because CA2+ is mentioned on the bottles, i get 338.

Will watch the video.

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get your 560 number for Calcium when i select just "Api" in the MT app. When i select "Api CA2+ low range", which you should because CA2+ is mentioned on the bottles, i get 338.

Will watch the video.
1642357170417.png

Fixed mine today... went to LFS and we went through two different batches, doing manual tests. The first one reported was over the max (same batch number) They ran the test on their own water and it tested high as well. They went in the back and opened a box with a newer batch# and it tested right where we expected. I purchased that one and replaced the reagents in my Mastertronic. So looks like bad batch of API Calcium tests.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1642357170417.png

Fixed mine today... went to LFS and we went through two different batches, doing manual tests. The first one reported was over the max (same batch number) They ran the test on their own water and it tested high as well. They went in the back and opened a box with a newer batch# and it tested right where we expected. I purchased that one and replaced the reagents in my Mastertronic. So looks like bad batch of API Calcium tests.
Yes Api themselves confirmed there is a bad batch, they send me a new testkit.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone having issues with the API nitrate test with their Mastertronic? I set it up and the first test came back ok. A little low compared to my Hanna but within reasonable range. The next day I ran the firmware update. The NO3 was 0.3 coming back with 0.3. Recalibrated it and it tested .2.84 mg/L. My hanna shows around 6. I changed out the API reagents with new and now it's back to 0.31 readings again. All I did was fill the Viles and updated the app to 20mm for each.

Attachments

• 6-8.jpg
    6-8.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 24

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back