Mastertronic api calcium test issue solved

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocket098
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rocket098

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2021
Messages
313
Reaction score
175
Location
18925
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got the mastertronic and your api calcium test is testing 561 I have your solution. 561 is the max reading for the api test kit. What you will need to do is pour the bottle 2 contents back inside it. Now also put inside the bottle one of the magnetic stirrers that come with the mastertronic. You will need to vigorously shake the bottle for a minute then pour some of the contents into the regent bottle. Now shake some more and pour some more out until you get your 20 ml. The problem is that the regent needs to be really really and I stress this again really well mixed in. Otherwise you will get a high test every time. After doing this the api calcium tests are dead on. Good luck to all.
 
If you got the mastertronic and your api calcium test is testing 561 I have your solution. 561 is the max reading for the api test kit. What you will need to do is pour the bottle 2 contents back inside it. Now also put inside the bottle one of the magnetic stirrers that come with the mastertronic. You will need to vigorously shake the bottle for a minute then pour some of the contents into the regent bottle. Now shake some more and pour some more out until you get your 20 ml. The problem is that the regent needs to be really really and I stress this again really well mixed in. Otherwise you will get a high test every time. After doing this the api calcium tests are dead on. Good luck to all.
The Mastertronic manual specifically states this about the calcium reagent bottle 2.

1658200157459.png
 
Yes I saw that what I’m getting at is that just shaking it alone was not enough. When the magnetic pill for stirring was put in it makes a huge difference in mixing the regent. After that all was well.
 
Yes I saw that what I’m getting at is that just shaking it alone was not enough. When the magnetic pill for stirring was put in it makes a huge difference in mixing the regent. After that all was well.
Cheers for this info, I just ordered myself a Mastertronic and will remember this tip. I currently use Hanna checkers but find them a bit of a chore so looking forward to having my tests automated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new