Mastertronic Final Specs, Pricing, and Setup Video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mastertronic is the latest new high tech reef aquarium gizmo that promises to streamline and stabilize the management of reef aquarium chemistry. The Mastertronic follows in the footsteps of the Alkatronic which is an all in one alkalinity testing and dosing machine, but alkalinity is easy but the Master takes on some of the other…
Source

Continue reading...

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While interesting I don’t feel this product compels me at the price point, once your reef becomes established I find that nitrates and phosphates change very little week over week. At a lower price point I could see myself switching from the Trident and DOS’s but at 2k for the Mastertronic and Dosetronic seems like a steep entry fee. Just my opinion, not bashing the product

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hmm. Sounds a lot like a reefbot where it can test certain parameters using already available hobby test kits. I would like to see how each unit compares to the other in terms of maintenance, accuracy and precision as well as operating costs. Other than it being part of the Focustronic group of automatic testers what are the main reasons to choose this unit over the cheaper option of the reefbot? Can't wait to see what users experiences are with this equipment vs the competitor :)

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hmm. Sounds a lot like a reefbot where it can test certain parameters using already available hobby test kits. I would like to see how each unit compares to the other in terms of maintenance, accuracy and precision as well as operating costs. Other than it being part of the Focustronic group of automatic testers what are the main reasons to choose this unit over the cheaper option of the reefbot? Can't wait to see what users experiences are with this equipment vs the competitor :)

I have a v1 Reefbot. All I'll say there is buyer beware. Also embraced the Alkatronic and Dosetronic. My Alkatronic is an earlier version and a little bit loud even with the quiet upgrade but otherwise spot on. And I'm more than satisfied with the Dosetronic. The Mastertronic is a steep entry price but if it pans out as advertised, I will definitely jump at the opportunity to tightly control my nitrates and phosphates in the same manner I do alk.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a v1 Reefbot. All I'll say there is buyer beware. Also embraced the Alkatronic and Dosetronic. My Alkatronic is an earlier version and a little bit loud even with the quiet upgrade but otherwise spot on. And I'm more than satisfied with the Dosetronic. The Mastertronic is a steep entry price but if it pans out as advertised, I will definitely jump at the opportunity to tightly control my nitrates and phosphates in the same manner I do alk.
Trust me I know I have a reefbot...It WAS running fantastic for 2 years and then stuff went so downhill I decided to just upgrade from my apex classic to the new version and get the trident. So far the switch has been perfect less maintenance and I get the ability to control dose. Something I was waiting on RK for at least 2 years to come out with their dosing pump. Never happened...

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the mastetronic is supposed to test for these parameters but we still have to use reagents from other companies is this correct or im i wrong i was looking to get one but for that price cant see myself paying that i rather invest in a trident to test whats really important

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back