Mastertronic Honest Review.

bucfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting on the thread. Just got the Alkatronic and plan to set up. do I need to replace my part B doser with the Alkatronic or do I keep that going and use the Alkatronic to supplement? If so I guess I will need a second chamber to hold the part B or then can I get a y connector and split the part B output to my dosed and Alkatronic and use one chamber?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah I emailed them and they said expect a summer release. But excited to see what this will bring

Summer came and is nearly gone and the device is nowhere to be found.

I’m on the reserve list for an alk and mastertronic that should be in here in Japan next month, I’ll post updates...

Are you getting it there?

Meerwasser Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mastertronic is available in Europe since yesterday. Ordered mine today and expect to get it next week :D

Joepie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mastertronic is available in Europe since yesterday. Ordered mine today and expect to get it next week :D
In The Netherlands since febr 2021! Since that date I have one with much succes. In half a year one time a broken needle and one time water spillage (after calibration done everything ok) . In begin trouble with connection with internet but helpdesk flawless, compliments! You can messure: Nitrate, Nitrite, Phosfate, Oli, Jodium, Alk, Calcium and Magnesium. I also have running the Trident Neptune, so I prefer on the Mastertronic Jodium ipo Alk. I hope that In the future Mastertronic will have its own test fluids.

Attachments

• 1468FBF9-B009-408C-B0D6-CA494F0E78C4.jpeg
    1468FBF9-B009-408C-B0D6-CA494F0E78C4.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 92

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for the Ion but the news about the problems they are having made me switch to the mastertronic.
Oh boy it's really a great piece of equipment. I don't have time on the week to do heavy chores on my reef and in the weekends I was taking time from my family to test, worth every penny i gave....

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome! Has it been pretty accurate with manual testing?
I was waiting for the Ion but the news about the problems they are having made me switch to the mastertronic.
Oh boy it's really a great piece of equipment. I don't have time on the week to do heavy chores on my reef and in the weekends I was taking time from my family to test, worth every penny i gave....

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Has it been pretty accurate with manual testing?
Yes really accurate, differences from manual testing are minimal and after seeing it work you’ll understand that it completely removes human error, so I trust it even more than my own manual tests.
It’s a delight to see it preform a test, since the needle insertion to the vial stirring

Meerwasser Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also very happy with my MT. Had some learning curve and its not perfect but I don't want to miss it anymore. I now focus more on SPS because I think this thing helps me a lot in keeping the necessary stability in my tank.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that is **** that you buy such an expensive machine and then are not able to perform more than an alk test per day so that you have to buy the alkatronic ! What kind of commercial practice is this? Seriously, is this choking nobody?that is the same if you buy a phone and the manufacturer tell you if you make more than one calls per day to the same number, you have to buy a second one. I think just for this we should boycott this company.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that is **** that you buy such an expensive machine and then are not able to perform more than an alk test per day so that you have to buy the alkatronic ! What kind of commercial practice is this? Seriously, is this choking nobody?that is the same if you buy a phone and the manufacturer tell you if you make more than one calls per day to the same number, you have to buy a second one. I think just for this we should boycott this company.
Other than making you buy an alktronic, what is the reason the device does not allow more than one alk test?

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t allow it to adjust my ALK the readings where all over the place,a week in owning the alkatronic I trusted it sytraight away, I was going to go with alkatronic but the extra cost over ghl swayed me to ghl I wish I had just gone with the alkatronic.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate? I am almost ready to ditch GHL
with the mastertronic you can test also the alcalinity but the software alows it to you only one time per day, all the other tests you can do more times. this is done only that you have to buy also their other product, the alcatronic.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back