Mastertronic + hydros or apex

Dustinjw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok not sure which way to go... any one have any suggestions? I like the fact that mastertronic can use different test kits plus they are working on getting the cost down on their own reagents and have read that hydros can pull the info from its app so I can have it all in one place. And know apex has been doing it longer. So now I can't seem to make a decision... anyone that has used both have any input for me that may help me decide.

twhit030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an apex and I LOVE it. It would have been the first thing I’d have gotten If I’d have known. I love being able to just simply type a code into the app and make the apex do anything. Yes it’s pricy but the ability to connect all their connections is amazing. I have probably 15 things that use power and still have 3 outlets open on the power bar. No more chunky bricks for power heads. I have a under the tank camera that’s powered by usb I can plug it I zip tie all them together and it’s amazing

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why's that is it more user-friendly? I have no experience with either. Just don't want to regret not getting 1vs the other
I dont think that will happen, I've never seen a thread saying apex sucks or hydros sucks. Always good reviews.

I got the hydros last month and was in love with it within 5 minutes,

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why's that is it more user-friendly? I have no experience with either. Just don't want to regret not getting 1vs the other
The Mastertronic will interface with the Hydros via the web. Your Mastertroinc test results will show on the Hydros once setup to do so. I don't think you can do that with the Apex.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back