MasterTronic Pricing Released

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my understanding the hoses should not be modified because the mastertronic is calibrated to that length of tubing. not sure but i saw that in an unboxing video on reefdudes youtube channel. anyone have an idea as to how to preorder one of these?

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know the total width requirement of the Mastertronic, including every connector and hose that extend outside the unit?

From the videos it looks like power connector and hose's are poking straight out of the machine all over the place, and it could need another 2-3 inches at each(!) side at least? Terrible design not to have all connectors in the same direction if you ask me!

Can Focustronic provide elbov fittings to make it fit in a tight space?

Can hoses be "re-routed" through the backside, or bottom?

I guess you are supposed to have a dedicated sump room for this one... Maybe I was just too optimistic about the concept and believed I could fit one under the aquarium in my living room!
from my understanding the hoses should not be modified because the mastertronic is calibrated to that length of tubing. not sure but i saw that in an unboxing video on reefdudes youtube channel. anyone have an idea as to how to preorder one of these?

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

From what I understand they are just 2 metres long hose either the importer/distributer should stock them. If not measure the cut hose and order some from else where and cut to 2metres.

KPersico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on my unit...I preordered it from the UK back in October since no USA dealers had preorder available as it’s my understanding the first batch was going to the UK

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on my unit...I preordered it from the UK back in October since no USA dealers had preorder available as it’s my understanding the first batch was going to the UK

The UK order is still on its way there was only a odd few that came for user testing. I believe that they will be here within a week or so.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seriously this is something reefbot is doing . i am still on the fence for this with this heavy price tag

JCSaltwaterFishandCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkatronic was priced appropriately I feel, but this one just escapes me on pricing. Even they have mentioned that calcium/magnesium isn't all that important to test nearly as frequently, but I guess that all has changed with the upcoming release of the Mastertronic. The way I see it is the manufacturer feels that calcium/magnesium aren't nearly as important (which they've been more than open about that feeling), price for those test appropriately. I run a CaRx and never really worry much about calcium/magnesium anyways so for me it's more about are those even necessary.

I'll eventually get one I'm sure, but not at $1300.

Also, sure if a poll is taken of those that will spend $1300 on a coral/fish it'll be a small percentage that would. I have a CSB, and I didn't pay the outrageous price for it. Came included in a tank breakdown (that's the only reason I have one lol). Being honest, I'd pay $1300 for a piece of equipment before doing so on a coral/fish.
Stim money.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in seeing how long it take for the big online dealers to get it in the us

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all on coralvue since they are the distributor for the US. They are supposedly testing it. To see if they will carry it. It’s crazy

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching the latest video it seems to be very well constructed and thought out. My only concern now is how much money does it cost per month to run it?

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mastertronic … I would have spent more. Hopefully the data get intergrated with the Hydros soon. I’m running a Hydros side by side with my Apex and will likely be parting with Neptune soon.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mastertronic … I would have spent more. Hopefully the data get intergrated with the Hydros soon. I’m running a Hydros side by side with my Apex and will likely be parting with Neptune soon.
Thanks for your incite.

If CoralVue would design it so you could see Hydros on any computer (PC or Mac OS) like Fusion, then I'd sure consider making the switch.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your incite.

If CoralVue would design it so you could see Hydros on any computer (PC or Mac OS) like Fusion, then I'd sure consider making the switch.
There is a web app you can use to check the Hydros on a computer. I use it with my Surface.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your incite.

As far as I know you can.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back