Mastertronic users thread

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree the mastertronic has been working pretty well for me. My main issue was calcium being alway too high but it may be the api bad batch of kits. I just got new ones from them and will try again. Overall i like the product sure price is a bit high however it’s convenient. I hope they incorporate more test kits or develop there own in future.

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did another calcium test with two brand new api kits. Reading is at 561. This is probably my big issue with this machine is the error with doing calcium test. They need to figure that out

sector9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did another calcium test with two brand new api kits. Reading is at 561. This is probably my big issue with this machine is the error with doing calcium test. They need to figure that out
I haven’t seen too many other users with this issue (except for the bad lot of calcium reagents). What results do you get when you do a manual test with the same reagents?

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe i found the issue being me dosing alk in same compartment as drawing water for the test. Somehow the test gets skewed to the high side. After changing locations the test has been showing correctly. Hope this helps anyone with similar issues

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone is interested I have an Alkatronic and Mastertronic I’d like to sell. I bought them used and have never hooked them up. Decided to go FOWLR so don’t need all these offer.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone having issues with the API nitrate test with their Mastertronic? I set it up and the first test came back ok. A little low compared to my Hanna but within reasonable range. The next day I ran the firmware update. The NO3 was 0.3 coming back with 0.3. Recalibrated it and it tested .2.84 mg/L. My hanna shows around 6. I changed out the API reagents with new and now it's back to 0.31 readings again. All I did was fill the Viles and updated the app to 20mm for each.

tapeworm123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone having issues with the API nitrate test with their Mastertronic? I set it up and the first test came back ok. A little low compared to my Hanna but within reasonable range. The next day I ran the firmware update. The NO3 was 0.3 coming back with 0.3. Recalibrated it and it tested .2.84 mg/L. My hanna shows around 6. I changed out the API reagents with new and now it's back to 0.31 readings again. All I did was fill the Viles and updated the app to 20mm for each.
I’ve noticed the first test after refill is always wonky. Did it stabilize out ? What all test do you use on the Mastertronic?

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’ve noticed the first test after refill is always wonky. Did it stabilize out ? What all test do you use on the Mastertronic?
all my No3 (API and Tropic Marin) tests where bad. worked with Eric at focustronic and we found that the pills in the vials where not staying in orbit so it would give bad results- Low readings. the pills were losing orbit with thicker reagents. Mag, Ca, po4 were all fine. It was sent back to Coralview. I am waiting for another one to be dilevered. My Alkatronic and Dosetronic have been solid so I am giveing it another chance

tapeworm123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So there is a magnetic stir under the carousel. I was wondering what spins the magnets. What test do you use for alk? Have you tested iodine with the Mastertronic?

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So there is a magnetic stir under the carousel. I was wondering what spins the magnets. What test do you use for alk? Have you tested iodine with the Mastertronic?
I have a Alkatronic to test my Dkh so Idont use the Mastertronic for that one. I have not tested for iodine with it but I had a ICP done reciently and I have 0 iodine so I will start testing for it soon. I will use the Red Sea kit for that

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I decided to take a peak while it was running my nitrate test just now, and noticed the same thing. Pill is just off on the side shaking slightly rather than spinning in the center.

Beardedreeferuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar problems with connection to wifi, problem with hard reset, and wonky app. But after I've get past that, it's looking promising. Now it's working for few days and we getting to know each other :)
How did you hard reset mine is not able to be found on my WiFi settings on my phone after moving house

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back