Mastertronic Users: What's your testing schedule?

anthonymckay

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
577
Reaction score
614
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what others testing schedules look like for MT? For the first week or so on the MT I tested NO3, Ca, PO4, I, Mg every day just to get some data and see trends in consistency/consumption/export, etc. I've sinced backed that off to twice a week, every Wed & Sat. Wanted to see what others schedules are for tests on the MT? Also running my Alkatronic tests every 4 hours which has been working out really well.
 
Parker's Reef on YouTube has a Mastertronic video where he listed his testing schedule.
I've watched that, he was running WAY more tests than normal because he only had the unit for a few weeks to review. ie: he was running 15 nitrate tests per week in his video.
 
I've watched that, he was running WAY more tests than normal because he only had the unit for a few weeks to review. ie: he was running 15 nitrate tests per week in his video.
I can't recall which video it was (possibly one of his more recent sump tours or tank updates), but I think he only runs the calcium and magnesium every few days and alkalinity, nitrates and phosphates daily.
 
I don't dose mag so I generally don't test often. I'd like to test ALK more often but the KH reagent runs out quick. Also, the app is terrible.
1658966688477.png
 
I am considering not testing mag with the mastertronic just so I can use the carousel space for additional reagent slots for tests that run out quick (like the KH reagent)
 
I can't recall which video it was (possibly one of his more recent sump tours or tank updates), but I think he only runs the calcium and magnesium every few days and alkalinity, nitrates and phosphates daily.
Ah! I found the video you're referencing, hadn't seen that one. Thank you :)
 
I am considering not testing mag with the mastertronic just so I can use the carousel space for additional reagent slots for tests that run out quick (like the KH reagent)
Have you considered getting an Alkatronic? I run alkalinity tests with it every 4 hrs. A 1L bottle of reagent (mixes with RODI 4:1 so it's really like 5L of reagent lasts forever). Running tests all throughout the day every day gives you a really good window into your alkalinity swings.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new