Matt v acros

Old thread but I can't find anything discussing it. I purchased a Mattv Rainbow Envy then a few months later a Mattv Orange Envy. They both look identical. By chance are they the same thing? Thirstysreef I bought the Rainbow envy, orange envy was Chumminghams reef? Thanks
 
Old thread but I can't find anything discussing it. I purchased a Mattv Rainbow Envy then a few months later a Mattv Orange Envy. They both look identical. By chance are they the same thing? Thirstysreef I bought the Rainbow envy, orange envy was Chumminghams reef? Thanks
From my experience they are different, but i think sometimes look very similar. for one my rainbow envy grew way faster than the orange envy, and they polyps were smaller on the orange envy. its a little hard to describe but they did look different, and from what i have seen in pics (other peoples, i was never able to pull the rainbow colors) under the right conditions they rainbow goes rainbowy and the the orange i think is going to stay more orange.
 
From my experience they are different, but i think sometimes look very similar. for one my rainbow envy grew way faster than the orange envy, and they polyps were smaller on the orange envy. its a little hard to describe but they did look different, and from what i have seen in pics (other peoples, i was never able to pull the rainbow colors) under the right conditions they rainbow goes rainbowy and the the orange i think is going to stay more orange.
Appreciate the response. Mine are BOTH ENCRUSTING the orange envy through out 2 new 1/2" branches. I'll send updated pics of both together once they make some changes. Thanks
 
Old thread but I can't find anything discussing it. I purchased a Mattv Rainbow Envy then a few months later a Mattv Orange Envy. They both look identical. By chance are they the same thing? Thirstysreef I bought the Rainbow envy, orange envy was Chumminghams reef? Thanks
Mine look almost identical too. I see nothing super rainbow envy about my piece. It does look like MV OE
 
Mine look almost identical too. I see nothing super rainbow envy about my piece. It does look like MV OE
I think rainbow envy is overrated. It can pull some color, but I'll take sc orange passion over it any day. Or homewrecker.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new