Matts JBJ 45 build

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percentages are you're lights at? Specifically curious on the uv you run.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percentages are you're lights at? Specifically curious on the uv you run.

Did I send you the schedule?

Here is the % at the peak and dip
d4b3d8ca8942e01b523e4c411f3748b7.jpg

eedbf961436bcbb7bc362eff24630023.jpg

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you did not but it's alright thanks for the reply here was just curious to see what you were running. I know these lights are powerful and my old fixture did not have the uv option which seems to be fairly new to the hobby anyway. My corals are doing amazing and I see new growth everyday believe it or not.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you did not but it's alright thanks for the reply here was just curious to see what you were running. I know these lights are powerful and my old fixture did not have the uv option which seems to be fairly new to the hobby anyway. My corals are doing amazing and I see new growth everyday believe it or not.

Cool, I've been very happy with these. I can email you the program if you want to try it out.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that's really cool and easy to share settings

Yeah, I really like that feature.

I have to give an update on the Aqamai pumps. So far I have liked them very much however last week I noticed one of them seemed to putting out less flow. I cleaned, reprogrammed, powered off/on and set them both in constant mode and one is definitely not as strong as the other. No big deal I'll contact the company and see what they have to say. It's been exactly a week of me calling and emailing both Hydor and Aqamai and I have gotten no one on the phone, no returned call after leaving a message and no response to any emails.

That's more than a little frustrating and if there is not at least a response next week, I will never own another product from Hydor Group.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you get it sorted, I hate poor service, I will never buy a Bubble Magus product for the same reason.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever need to reduce numbers, I think I have some room to foster a few babies haha

I'm sure that can happen,

UPDATE: I tried calling Hydor again today and got someone first try. Had to call back later and again got someone first attempt... what the heck was the problem all last week??? Anyway they just asked me to email a pic of the invoice and serial#, I did and they almost immediately replied (sent it to the same email I tried 3 times last week with no response..??) and said they would ship out a replacement immediately with a return label for the defective unit to go back with. Aside from not being able to get anyone for a week straight and then suddenly getting an immediate response multiple times in one day, I really can't ask for better than a replacement with basically no questions asked. BTW the Aqamai KPS pumps do have a 2 year warranty so all and all [emoji106] Hydor

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure that can happen,

UPDATE: I tried calling Hydor again today and got someone first try. Had to call back later and again got someone first attempt... what the heck was the problem all last week??? Anyway they just asked me to email a pic of the invoice and serial#, I did and they almost immediately replied (sent it to the same email I tried 3 times last week with no response..??) and said they would ship out a replacement immediately with a return label for the defective unit to go back with. Aside from not being able to get anyone for a week straight and then suddenly getting an immediate response multiple times in one day, I really can't ask for better than a replacement with basically no questions asked. BTW the Aqamai KPS pumps do have a 2 year warranty so all and all [emoji106] Hydor
I was able to play with the Aqamai pumps in my favorite LFS but I just felt like they werent strong enough for my liking, nor had the spread for the flow I wanted. How are you liking them?

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt the same way initially and gave them a few days, during that time I just watched my corals and they all had a nice sway and extension so I stuck with them and other than this little hick up I like them. They are dead silent, tiny and don't require me putting them in the sides of the tank. I understand the need for equipment but I hate looking at it and these just seemed to fit. The flow is gentle and wide but not so much that it over powers anything like the Gyre pumps I had. I would love a set of mp10s but god I hate looking at those things hanging off the side of the tank. Looks like a set of old school head phones and the older models were always annoyingly loud so I'm a little scared of dropping the $ on the quiet drive only to find it not so quiet.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys and gals, I want to get some input on my last fish and a possible pump change.

I am considering a switch to a single mp40 from the 2 Aqumai pumps but not sure I want a pump on the side of the tank. What do you guys think? I'm happy with the flow with the two pumps now, if I ever get the replacement pump from Hydor that is, but I think the extra juice from a vortech might be beneficial to run a nutrient transport program every so often plus the mp40 gives more options if I want to up the flow.

2nd issue of input, I'm thinking I'm ready to add my last fish. I'm torn between a six line wrasse and a two spot hog fish(aka candied hogfish, etc). Both are in at my LFS and both are tiny specimens. I REALLY like six lines but have had a few in my time and usually end up fishing them out due to aggression. I've always been intrigued by the hogfish and I like the colors but I read they can be equally aggressive as they mature so I'm not sure which to go with. The six line is about half the cost as well so leaning that way.

My other stock is:
Gold flake maroon clown
Allens damsel
Purple fire fish(large)
Bared dart fish

The fire fish is probably the most fish aggressive fish I have but he's also the only type of fish I've ever had that's been victimized by a six line but then again he's the most aggressive fire fish I've ever had and frequently runs the allens back to his area so I'm not real sure what to think.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to purchase a mp40 online they are on sale right now. I like that it can be on the lowest setting and should be more than enough flow or turned up higher unlike a mp10 that would have to be set at its highest setting. And as far as wrasses go I have a multicolor fairy wrasse and he gets along great with my clowns and mandarin and personally think it's more colorful than a six line.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to purchase a mp40 online they are on sale right now. I like that it can be on the lowest setting and should be more than enough flow or turned up higher unlike a mp10 that would have to be set at its highest setting. And as far as wrasses go I have a multicolor fairy wrasse and he gets along great with my clowns and mandarin and personally think it's more colorful than a six line.

I'll check them out, not familiar but multi color makes me think of one I used to have a Lubbocks I think??? The main reason I had the two picked out I did was because of the hunting behavior they have where they patrol all the nooks of the rock work.

I agree with the mp40 and seeing the sale is what got me thinking. I'm not even considering the mp10 because I know I would need at least 2 to do what I want and then that would be more than just writing the 40.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and ordered a mp40wqd. Just curious where you think I should place it in the tank? I also went ahead and ordered the tunze osmolator auto top off unit lets see how this improves the tank.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and ordered a mp40wqd. Just curious where you think I should place it in the tank? I also went ahead and ordered the tunze osmolator auto top off unit lets see how this improves the tank.

I think it depends on the rock work. If I go with one I plan to place it on the right side(if your facing the tank), towards the back, but depending on the flow it may or may not work. You will really have to play with it. Ivan tell you if it's to close to the surface it will definitely let you know lol. They make and Impressive blizzard of air bubbles. Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back