Matt's NEW 75g reef tank

MattPG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple pictures of my set up. The DT (75 gal) is in wall as you can see, and has 2 sides open as it is on a corner. One problem that I see and did not fully anticipate is that the wall is 2x6 so I am a little worried that I will have a problem with light but don't know yet. I have 2 Red Sea Reef LED 90's but have had a problem with setting them up on my phone. Talking to Red Sea to trouble shoot.
Equipment includes:
- Bashsea sump (25 gal) - I would like it to host a refugium but have not figured out how to do that yet.
- Red Sea Reefer Skimmer 300 - working on tuning it in
- Ice Cap 4K gyre circulation pump - it is on the right side of the tank as you face it. I am hoping this is the best spot.
- Sicce Syncra ADV 5.5 return pump rated at 1450g/hr and is only lifting the water 2'6".
- I have two return nozzles. I have the one on the left side pointing out into the front left corner and the one on the right pointing down behind the aquascape to be sure I have some circulation there.
- Aquascape - I have about 75lb of dry reef rock arranged with several cavities and swim throughs in somewhat of a peninsula shape to follow the general placement of the aquarium in the wall. 2" sand bed. I have about 2 inches of clearance across the back of the aquascape except for a couple of points where I used the reef rock to stabilize it.
- Heater - 2 600 watt heaters for redundancy with Ink Bird wifi controller.
- RODI - 4 stage system from BRS running a 0. It runs to my fresh water barrel and I then transfer it into a salt mixing barrel. Using Red Sea Coral Pro salt.
- Power - I have two circuits set up with power strips on each. I split the equipment between the two.
- ATP - I did not get one yet but imagine it will be a good add. Any suggestions would be welcome.
- Cycle - I am using Red Sea Reef Mature Starter Kit and am at day 5 of the cycle. Monitoring my; temp, salinity, Ph, Alkalinity, Amonia, Nitrite and Nitrate according to the Red Sea kit guidance. If all goes well I intend to add a cleaner crew soon and then a starter set of fish probably clownfish.

So, lots of information. I am wide open to any questions or suggestions you may have. I am not in any hurry and my goal is for a healthy tank with reef safe fish and soft corals.
Also, th
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%

Back