OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, we finally got our loan packet back from the USDA and should be closing on Thursday. Oh thank heaven. lol i think im going to be making a new stand to make it a lil higher. right now its 28" like to go up about 6" to make it 34-36". found a design i'm going to try and build. heres what it is. whats everyone think?
if i did a wood frame go with this one. oim thinking the purple, red, tan, and gray boards will be 2x6's and the rest 2x4. think this will be enough support?

or if i can find a welder and its not to expensive do this one. copy the one tony_d did which i know will work out for me.

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea. moved it sunday got done around 1030 and went to work at 3a and was suposse to put it right back together but got sick/exhausted from all the painting, and moving the house and it put me on my a$s for 3 days and didnt have an energy to put a powerhead in it. they were sitting in 2 30g drums and a 55g drum. the sps i think die a couple days before because of temp swing and probably an alk swing as well.
i love your tank especially the stand great job. selling this one and going to start a 57 rimless i have in the garage. it'll be all high end equipment since i can afford it by selling everything off.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i lost everything in my old tank when wr moved. Sorry for the losses. It sucks.

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i lost everything in my old tank when wr moved. Sorry for the losses. It sucks.

thanks. it sucks. if only i didnt rush or do it differently. you live you learn. so lesson are a lil harder/ more expensive. lol it'll be fine. should have a new tank in a month or 2 when i build it or piece it all together.

i love your tank its pretty sick.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It has not been without its problems though. I can't seem to keep any tangs alive and I had bought a purple tile goby that killed two of my wrasses.
Good luck on the rebuild. At lest it gives you a chance to make any changes you may have wanted.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back