OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, another weekend down and didn't get anything really done. I did get in some goodies tho. Got my sunblaster t5 fixtures and they seems to be pretty awesome. $50 each for the 48" one and I can connect/link up to 8 of them so the 4 I got shouldn't be a big problem. After I got the sump inside the stand went to go look at my return pump only to find the impeller cracked and not working so had to order a new one. Got it Saturday and looks like I'm good to go now. Lesson learn don't keep any kind of pumps out in the garage. Hopefully today I can sketch out my plumbing and make one trip to lowes and buy everything in need. Also need a few 2x4 to make a stand for a 40b to turn it into a frag tank that will connect to the 120. Once that done I should be getting my package from dr foster(slowly coming) that's got my stone fix to make my aquascape and it's also got my aquaforest bio s to get the cycle going.
Got an apex jr and pm1 module which I think I'm going to hook up with this tank and just grab an extra energy 8 bar. Going to sell the regular apex.

0F90406D-C16F-4A8F-9D03-D92A698D14F1.jpg

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, went to lowes yesterday to start gathering my plumbing and of course forgot my pump so I didn't know which fittings to get to connect everything. So took the son and I up to Home Depot to get the rest of the stuff and of course didn't realize the bulkhead bottoms weren't slip so I'm going tomorrow again to get them and for the right reducing bushing for the return to loc-line. Need to get my stuff for hanging my Refugio my light or figure out which one I'm getting. lol I also grabbed 4 2x4 to make a stand for the 40g breeder frag tank I'm going to hook up as well. Also bought some common boards to start making my floating canopy. Going to order the tv mounts tomorrow and hopefully Friday I'll have everything done. Got my stone fix and aquaforest stuff tonight at 7:30. Sucks cause I couldn't do anything with that stuff. Here's a quick mock up of the plumbing or at least the return part.

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, got in some more goodies for the tank. I went with brs media reactor for the option to be able to hang them up out of the way. Should have got the short fat one but oh well these are up and ready to be connected now. Wish I knew I was going to get these cause they already came with a ball value and that would have saved me $25. Lol oh well. Got new filters for the it's amazing how green they look but still pulling 0 tds. Bought a few jebao pumps the ow-40 and 2 pp20. That should be plenty of flow in the tank. Need to go grab a few 45 and elbows to complete the drain part of my plumbing and then the nerve water test. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it most of the day tomorrow if not today and have it getting wet by Saturday or Sunday.

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after about 6 trips to the hardware store some for parts I forgot or didn't think about and some because I mixed up a few pieces and ended up gluing some in the wrong spot. But it's officially done provided it passes the water test. The bulkheads are all good out about a gallon back there and don't have any leaks. Plus I've got water mixing up only 20g at a time so it could be awhile before it's all ready. Hopefully not.

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my doser as well. Got the aqua medic. Had the older version and didn't have any problems with it so decided to try it again and since it's got 4 pumps shouldn't need to buy any extra. All I need to do now is my electric wall and run the power to everything set up the apex and make about 120g more water. Lol

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday got the aquascaping done with the wife. Grabbing a box from work and laid it on the floor and started placing rocks everywhere. This is the out come. Think it turned out really nicely.

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG
I love the aquascaping, I think it will look stunning when the tank is filled and corals and fish in place, very nice.

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work, love the scape, glad you did't block the view of that centre cove. :)
Thanks. Was going to put a rock in front of it for some acans or zoas but changed my mind pretty quick. That center piece cameoff my old JBJ 30g tank. Then added pieces on the sides to fill it up some more.

I love the aquascaping, I think it will look stunning when the tank is filled and corals and fish in place, very nice.
Thanks. I can't wait. 20g at a time is killer tho. Lol got 60g in now so getting there. Lol

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4958.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's about that time. I can the see the finish line of filling this tank getting near. Lol tried the pump yesterday and forgot to tighten the one union and had water spill out but other than that everything worked like planned. I went ahead and bought a few 2x4 to make the 40g frag tank stand and didn't have enough besides doing the top and bottom. Going to make a few cuts today and finish that and figure out how to do the doors. Stuff that needs to be done is hook up all the electric stuff and mount all the boxes and hide the wires

IMG_4971.JPG

IMG_4972.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the rest of the 2x4 cut and have the tank on the stand and I'm thinking I'm going to be buying a new 40b. This is all chipped up and scratched like crazy sucks cause the 50% off 40's just ended. Have to keep an eye out for that and scoop up another one.

Well, scratch that the sale is still going on going to make a run up there tomorrow and buy a brand new 40 and drill it. Now should I buy an overflow kit or not worry about that. Lol

IMG_4975.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, can't beat this deal. I got an email from petco for a coupon $10 off $30. Perfect so I was able to get the 40b for $45(after taxes). Also ordered an overflow and return kit from glass hole that should be here next week so I'll be finishing the stand and starting the cycle today and tomorrow and start with the floating canopy after work this week.
Here's a few pics of the nano that's pretty full with coral. Lol

IMG_5014.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, got enough water in the tank and boy is it loud. Lol need to look up a few videos on how to make the durso quieter. I'm absolutely loving this skimmer. I can't wait to see how it does with how it's working now. It's making a ton of bubbles. Also just added 10 caps of janitorial ammonia so the cycle is officially underway.

IMG_5067.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5070.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been a fun few weeks waiting for the tank to cycle. My English bull dog was ready to breed so it was a fun Saturday getting up at 5:30 to drive up to GA for her surgery getting back home around 1:15 to drive over to Tampa for a 5 finger death punch and breaking Benjamin concert probably the best concert I've been too. The ac went out last Wednesday which 5 years ago did the same thing on my 57g that was in the middle of cycling. But the nano tank isn't liking that at all. Lucky I had a lil fan to place on top of it and redo the heater for a fan to turn on when it hit 82 and off at 80.5. But the anemone and a jawbreaker really didn't like that. The house has been about 83 in the morning and around 89 at night. Luckily we've got a window ac unit and few friends let us borrow their so at least we've got 2 bedrooms that are cold enough to actually sleep. Nothing like pregaming for the hurricane season. Hopefully they'll be out today to fix it. Going to have another update later when hopefully I'll be able to work on the tank and finish it since today has been 2 weeks of dosing AF bio s so the tank should be ready for livestock.

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5187.PNG

IMG_5197.JPG

IMG_5215.JPG

IMG_5216.PNG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well had a busy day yesterday doing tank stuff. I was able to get the canopy started and almost finished along with finishing the frag tank(just need a water test now) think it's coming along well now. I can semi see the light. The tank should be officially done with the cycle today so I'll test the water and probably go grab 5 chromis to put in there.

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everything survived the broken ac. I thought I lost a JB and the 2 anemones but they've come back out and look ok. Now I need to reattach them to rocks. But on a good note Buddy is opening up a shop about 15mins and I was able to order 5 chromis and a springer from him as long as I could pick it up cause his fish system isn't quite ready so I agree and it's safe to say the fish survived overnight. I'm going to have to figure out how to program the jebao pp20 to turn off at night or downgrade to a smaller pump. This may push to much water. Here's a pic of the refugium that I think looks pretty good. Only thing I wish was to make that baffle about 2" higher may figure out how to add an addition to it. Here's the tank sitting down watching tv. Think we picked out a great spot for it.

IMG_5270.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the sunblaster fixtures mounted in the canopy and had to move them over about 2" because of the eurobrace on the tank. The pic below is the canopy just sitting on top of the eurobrace and has the 6500k bulbs in that came with the fixtures.plus, Found out the wall behind the tank only has studs on the end of the tanks so I'm going to have to buy a 2x6 to run across the back wall to mount the tv mounts and the canopy. ‍♂️♂️ Finished the doors yesterday. Went ahead and grabbed a few fence replacements and cut them to length and made the doors. Just need to finish sanding them and then paint the frag stand and canopy and I should be able to actually sit back and enjoy the tank. Lol

IMG_5291.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back