Maturing Sand Faster in New Tank?

nanoreefer23

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
27
Location
Piscataway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m cycling a new tank now and I’m looking to move my diamond goby to it ASAP as it’s mucking up my smaller tank. Problem is that the new sand doesn’t have the microfauna to feed it. I have a few lbs of live sand coming in going to mix in but does anyone sell macro/micro fauna? Besides copepods. Copepods disappear very fast in an AIO without a fuge. The macropods have populated my old tank well though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new