Maturing?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my tank
Something is happening here....and its working for ya... love the rockscape , looks like a rock monster, with many heads to come in future. Patience with this setup will do wonders. It has a ton of potential. These species will spread nicely but not invasive over next few months, watch those Mushroom heads grow and multiply. This is half the battle gaining a small colony....It will happen.

OP
OP
Yallnotfwme223

Yallnotfwme223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is happening here....and its working for ya... love the rockscape , looks like a rock monster, with many heads to come in future. Patience with this setup will do wonders. It has a ton of potential. These species will spread nicely but not invasive over next few months, watch those Mushroom heads grow and multiply. This is half the battle gaining a small colony....It will

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9A430F82-713B-4AC5-A2ED-ABDAAA5597B0.jpeg

an older picture but it's coming together. can't wait to see the tank a year from now. all stocked up with fish and gonna get some new cuc members this weekend :D
Also, well freaking done. I'm seeing some gsp on an island I think? I kill them no matter what I do over 20 + years lol, that leather looks incredible, nice coraline on rocks, shrimp, xenia? Duncan at top? I'm seeing a lot of my own tank in this one with a pretty cool scape. Which I have never had lol

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, well freaking done. I'm seeing some gsp on an island I think? I kill them no matter what I do over 20 + years lol, that leather looks incredible, nice coraline on rocks, shrimp, xenia? Duncan at top? I'm seeing a lot of my own tank in this one with a pretty cool scape. Which I have never had lol
Thanks so much! You're right on with the coral IDs haha. It's been a lot of ups and downs but it's getting easier now :)

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same size Duncan 2 years ago. It now has over 30 heads, and wondering if I have the wherewithal to split it lol....I'd kill it all likely with my luck.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13 years and still wondering when my nano will finally be mature... :rolleyes: :)

All kidding aside, if you started with dry rock/sand then take it really easy in the beginning. There's no rush and no one is judging how fast your system gets full (except maybe yourself?). And once you get to the point where it's eventually filled in, then you likely will have to deal with other issues like coral in-fighting, corals over topping each other, excessive buildup of detritus (if not remediated by periodic removal), etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back