Max E260 Upgrade Sump ATO?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get less water in the return pump section where do you adjust the float? Lower or higher. I raised it last night and all my water in the reservoir is gone. I'm have a heck of a time controlling my ATO. I tried using the Tunze and it would just keep going off so I tried the red sea ato and same problem. Help please.

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been able to make there Red Sea ATO work properly. No matter how I set things I wake up in the morning and 3/4's of my ATO water is in the display. I have the
gates valve installed and use the Varios 4 return pump on number 3 setting. Where should the float valve be. I've try up and I've tried down. Whats the trick? I can't seem to keep the water level constant in the return pump section.

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ditch the ato it comes with. I use the tunze with my e260. It's on the left pane of glass and the magnet part is wedged between the triangle piece of glass and the baffle.

I would say it goes off 2 or 3 times an hour. I would also see about getting a larger reservoir. I found I could only get a day or two out of the stock one

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ditch the ato it comes with. I use the tunze with my e260. It's on the left pane of glass and the magnet part is wedged between the triangle piece of glass and the baffle.

I would say it goes off 2 or 3 times an hour. I would also see about getting a larger reservoir. I found I could only get a day or two out of the stock one
So it's not uncommon to go through a complete stock ATO reservoir in a day. If that's the case then I understand and things are working as they should. Do you have a picture of the Tunze sensor position? I have the tunze and stopped using it because it would go off all the time. My problem is keeping the return pump section at a constant level. Is my pump to strong at the 3 setting? If I turn the drain gate valve up to much it drains the e260 original back sump to fast and I get noise.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get less water in the return pump section where do you adjust the float? Lower or higher. I raised it last night and all my water in the reservoir is gone. I'm have a heck of a time controlling my ATO. I tried using the Tunze and it would just keep going off so I tried the red sea ato and same problem. Help please.

For less water you set the float lower. Also you need to check the amount of water dripping out of the white valve. Simply disconnect the hose on the bottom of the valve and adjust the flow.
89A561C3-BAD7-4E04-B976-8DB319D7CDA9.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back