Maxi Doser container size?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Is it possible to increase the dosing container size above 30L? which seems to be the max I can get. I’ve got a new Maxi doser I’m using for AWC and would like to set the container size to 200L.. any ideas? Or would it be possible to update software for the Maxi doser to accommodate this as I’m sure lots of these will be used for this purpose.
Cheers Paul

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are able to implement this feature! I also have a 50 gallon container I plan on using for awc with the maxi!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never assign the container volume on AWC or ATO as I have float switches on the containers in my garage. I think they need to increase the software limit for those that want to do it that way. What would be the largest volume of water you would suggest 1000 liters, 10,000 liters 100,000 liters?

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never assign the container volume on AWC or ATO as I have float switches on the containers in my garage. I think they need to increase the software limit for those that want to do it that way. What would be the largest volume of water you would suggest 1000 liters, 10,000 liters 100,000 liters?
I’d like to do it this way as well, but I didn’t think level sensor cables could be long enough. How far away from your P4 are your float switches? I would need my cables to be at least 15 m possibly 20, but using a float switch to alarm and switch doser off when empty, would really help.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The normal floater is a switch - on or off – the distance does not matter. You can use more than one extender if you want or simply doing a DIY. 15 - 20 m is no problem

It would be great if the max volume could be increased rather high. Sometimes you want to know how much water passing through a process during 24 hours (ATO, calcium reactor or filters) there you can calibrate the flow and also through the index function connect this with a Doser function

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The normal floater is a switch - on or off – the distance does not matter. You can use more than one extender if you want or simply doing a DIY. 15 - 20 m is no problem

It would be great if the max volume could be increased rather high. Sometimes you want to know how much water passing through a process during 24 hours (ATO, calcium reactor or filters) there you can calibrate the flow and also through the index function connect this with a Doser function

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse, what’s the index function and how does it work? Please

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have you have a doser you want to react to switch - let us say - you want to use one doser pump to run as your ATO - you make a switch (not connected to a socket) to react to your level indicator. Let us say - switch channel 64 (seldom used to a socket :)) Let us now say that you have a doser (dose head) that you configure as dosing pump 4. Go in in the configuration of dosing pump 4 - find "pump reacts to" check "switch Channel" and fill in 64 as index. Every time Switch Channel 64 have order to run - the pump run.

What I was talking about was the opposite I have an ATO pump that is connected to Switch Channel 2 and that switch is one of my configured sockets. I want to know how much I have left an to get a warning when its low. In this case I take a dosing pump (in the GCC) that I not use or have configured to any real dosing head – in my case dosing pump 15, I configure React to for dosing pump 15 as to react on Switch Channel 2 and after that I run a manual calibration of the pump I use. (you can´t use the calibration function in the GCC for this – you have to calibrate it by yourself. Put in the calibration figures and do a fill up of the tank. Every time when socket 2 is on the dosing pump count down the amount of water as it was a normal, existing dosing pump – and you can get alarms if its run empty

Screen Shot 01-07-18 at 02.37 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 01-07-18 at 02.37 AM 001.PNG

I hope you understand what I mean

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have you have a doser you want to react to switch - let us say - you want to use one doser pump to run as your ATO - you make a switch (not connected to a socket) to react to your level indicator. Let us say - switch channel 64 (seldom used to a socket :)) Let us now say that you have a doser (dose head) that you configure as dosing pump 4. Go in in the configuration of dosing pump 4 - find "pump reacts to" check "switch Channel" and fill in 64 as index. Every time Switch Channel 64 have order to run - the pump run.

What I was talking about was the opposite I have an ATO pump that is connected to Switch Channel 2 and that switch is one of my configured sockets. I want to know how much I have left an to get a warning when its low. In this case I take a dosing pump (in the GCC) that I not use or have configured to any real dosing head – in my case dosing pump 15, I configure React to for dosing pump 15 as to react on Switch Channel 2 and after that I run a manual calibration of the pump I use. (you can´t use the calibration function in the GCC for this – you have to calibrate it by yourself. Put in the calibration figures and do a fill up of the tank. Every time when socket 2 is on the dosing pump count down the amount of water as it was a normal, existing dosing pump – and you can get alarms if its run empty

Screen Shot 01-07-18 at 02.37 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 01-07-18 at 02.37 AM 001.PNG

I hope you understand what I mean

Sincerely Lasse
Cool thank you, I think I get it, so in effect you are using a virtual pump to calculate the water volume of your real pump. If I’ve understood you correctly this would work for me if they can’t increase the size of dosing containers.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thank you, I think I get it, so in effect you are using a virtual pump to calculate the water volume of your real pump. If I’ve understood you correctly this would work for me if they can’t increase the size of dosing containers.

No I do not think that work around will extend the volume more than 30 litres for us in Europe (but you still use gallons I suppose – but on the other hand – tradition is strong in the UK - as I understand - you still have a royal warden of the swans of Themsen :)) Dosing pump 1 – 16 is all restricted to 30 litres but my trick make that you can track your use with other pumps than Doser 1, Doser 2 or maxi doser if the other pumps use a socket for on/off as I do with my ATO pump. My ATO container take 20 litres so its below the limit of 30 litres. I can get a warning if it will be lower than what I need for one day as an example

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA do you know if the max container size will be increased for use with a Maxi doser as AWC (for monitoring how water is left in storage)? Thinking in the thousands of litres.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA do you know if the max container size will be increased for use with a Maxi doser as AWC (for monitoring how water is left in storage)? Thinking in the thousands of litres.
Everything I have read says it will increase in the next update. Hopefully it will. I have a 60 gallon container I would like to keep track of.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back