Maxi doser is a beast!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my new Maxi doser and boy what a beast it is, weighs a ton and feels so well made, looking forward to setting it up tomorrow. Trouble is I hadn’t anticipated how big it actually would be and I’m going to have to modify where it’s going.. lol
image.jpg

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to order one for awc, but I had to order my p4 and kh director first. Only so much money, this time of year especially! Looks awesome! Jealous already! Lol

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to order one for awc, but I had to order my p4 and kh director first. Only so much money, this time of year especially! Looks awesome! Jealous already! Lol
Yeah this is for AWC, I’ll let you know how it performs as I’m hoping it will draw water 60 feet from my garage, I know I’m asking a lot but we will see, I do have a back up plan if it won’t though, but if it works it’s far more convenient.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set my Maxi doser up after a few trials with updating the FW but the latest versions now have worked for me.. (thanks Marco and Matthias) Set up is very straight forward and is just like the 2.1 doser. This doser really is a Beast, i was hoping it would prime and pull water 60 feet from my garage and it does!!! This is going to make my life so much easier that it does this, I wasn’t really expecting it to tbh. I have calibrated both dosing heads at speed 2 and they have virtual identical volumes of 155 and 158ml/min which is great and shows the long distance doesn’t affect performance. Now I just need to set up for AWC not sure of the best way to do this yet, maybe just 10L a day in and out using the timers, with simultaneous running, any suggestions of a better way?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I talked to Matthias at MACNA he suggested using the cyclical function to run for so many minutes in my case. I don't know if the Maxi doser has this I would just run so many MG out then the same amount in everyday for a number of times to get the volume of water you want to replace over a set amount of time say 8 hours.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I talked to Matthias at MACNA he suggested using the cyclical function to run for so many minutes in my case. I don't know if the Maxi doser has this I would just run so many MG out then the same amount in everyday for a number of times to get the volume of water you want to replace over a set amount of time say 8 hours.
My thoughts exactly, I want to change 10L/day so probably will set program to run 8 x 1.25L every 3 hours, both in and out

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back