Maxi Mini

  • Thread starter Thread starter GaryE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GaryE

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
992
Reaction score
1,321
Location
Coatesville, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by one of the local Large Chain Pet Stores today just to see what they might have. I spied a strange little critter on a nice little rock, so I asked the guy what he wanted for the rock with the critter on it. The label on the tank said it was a mini carpet. I wasn't 100% sure. He made me a stupid offer, so I asked him to bag it up and also bag up a nice 1.5 inch 6 line wrasse. (my fairy wrasse decided to play in the carpet behind the tank a couple days ago, even though I have egg crate on the top.)

So I get it home and take the rock out of the bag, I notice I have something slimy looking on the side of the rock.. Huh, what could that be.... As it turns out, there are two "mini carpets" on this rock. I guess the one of the side was faced away from the front at the store.

BONUS!

The little guy on the top opened up to about 3 inches across after about an hour. Very nice specimen. Hopefully the guy on the side will get tired of being in the dark and migrate to a better spot.


PXL_20200927_205033029.jpg


PXL_20200927_204947741.jpg
 
Nice !!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new