Maxima 5 year old

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamesmost
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jamesmost

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Messages
538
Reaction score
192
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My maxima , got at 2" .has stopped footing itself and this is 2nd time in 3 weeks found on side ..
Have increased Light intensity 6% x 2 over last 5 weeks totsl 12-15% intensity increase
Stood it up and pushed some sand around it ..

Otherwise Perfrct and beautiful
Please advise...

20210320_203828.jpg 20210320_203824.jpg
 
I only had my clam for 1 year and already have my blues 90% and whites as high as 30%. Maybe needs more light.
Edit. Oh and is doing fine.
 
I have found after they get some size on them even maxima sometimes detach. I don't think either of mine are attached for the past year if not longer now.
 
I know that the larger species (deresa, gigas, squammy) lose the ability to put down byssal threads as they grow bigger. Perhaps thats also true for the maxima?
 
I heard they detach as well.
But i found it on its side.

Can they pick themselves up ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new