Maxima and Leather Toadstool

WorldZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I just purchased a Pink Leather Toadstool and sits next to my Blue Maxima... well Did!

I noticed the Pink TS tried to constantly touch the Maixma and even did research to find out TS can be aggressive. I do not want the new TS to hurt the Clam is all. I already moved my Anemone from the TS.

I moved my Maxima on a Shelf Rock, but the Current is a little stronger up top than where it is more comfortable in the sand. Will the TS bother the clam if I left it in the sand or should I keep it in the new place on the rock?

20220626_110052.jpg 20220626_104312.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi there!
I just purchased a Pink Leather Toadstool and sits next to my Blue Maxima... well Did!

I noticed the Pink TS tried to constantly touch the Maixma and even did research to find out TS can be aggressive. I do not want the new TS to hurt the Clam is all. I already moved my Anemone from the TS.

I moved my Maxima on a Shelf Rock, but the Current is a little stronger up top than where it is more comfortable in the sand. Will the TS bother the clam if I left it in the sand or should I keep it in the new place on the rock?

20220626_110052.jpg 20220626_104312.jpg
Yes, separate at least 6” and do know the leather can release a toxin known as terpenes and upset the claim

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As long as the flow isn't pinning the mantle back, it's fine. If the mantle is a little ruffled from time to time, it's fine. It's better on a solid surface (rock) and should have as much light as you can give it. Also, the sarcophyton will take the high light as well, but acclimate it slowly. Both of these are found next to each other on the reef, but give them some room.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back