Maxima Brown Bubbles???

  • Thread starter Thread starter WorldZY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WorldZY

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2022
Messages
75
Reaction score
37
Location
Evansville
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220628_195931.jpg


Hi there! I have had this clam for about 2 months now. VERY Happy as always. Never had an issue with it. I went to raise the clam to a shelf Rock I installed, and almost immediately, I noticed these Brown Bubbles on the outside shell. Does anyone know what this is?

Thank You!
 
The clam was a Sand Dweller till I got a Big Toadstool Leatherstool and kept messing with the clam.
 
This is normally how the clam is.
20220626_104312.jpg
 
Kinda looks like bubble algae. I recently got a clam from an online retailer that was pretty heavily infested.
 
How did you clean the Bubble Algae off? Just scrub it? I do not want to hurt the clam.

Thank you for this!!
 
I just moved the clam to a bowl of tank water and scrubbed the bubbles off with a toothbrush or my fingernails. As long as you don't harm the mantle the clam will be fine.
 
How did you clean the Bubble Algae off? Just scrub it? I do not want to hurt the clam.

Thank you for this!!
I would just pick the bubble algea off out of the water and then scrub the clam shell with a toothbrush.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new