Maxima Clam help

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
1,596
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made an impulse buy today at the frag swap in RI. To good of a deal to pass up on something I have always wanted. I am ready for the challenge knowing it being small.
What size can they get to?
Interested in the flow of which way can irritate it? (Does it like flow from the side of the shell or right down the middle when it opens)
Is 4x39w T5s strong enough light on the high end of the tank going to be good enough to keep it healthy?
It seemed happy when I got it in the tank. I heard it is not good to pound with heavy lighting to start, but it was under a MH at the show. So light intensity is not an upgrade to it.
Floor is open for opinions, discussion, and ideas. Thanks

IMG_20170423_192716.jpg
 
The T5 will be fine. I've always kept my maximas at the bottom off the tank with just medium flow. You'll know if it's not happy.
 
Okay good to know about the lights ✅
Is the sand bed better so it can bury itself?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new