Maxima Clam, how often do you feed ???

I have never feed a clam over 2 inches.

To feed though take a plastic sandwich container, place the clam into that container and and add phytoplankton. Let the clam sit for 10-20 minutes.

Clams over 2 inches should be able to get all they need from the Zooxenthellea and DOC.
 
I didn't feed my clams that I had for a few years until my nitrates went haywire
 
CAM01881.jpg

It's about 5-6 inch's and I was told to feed 3 times a week.

So I should stop feeding ???
 
I wouldn't feed it. Mostly just adding nutrients to the tank.
 
85% of that clam's energy will come from light at his/her/it's size.

the rest he can get from the column
 
I never bought one smaller than 3", but I've had a few over the years, and never fed them.
 
Thats a beautiful clam!

Like others said, it being that size I wouldn't worry about target feeding. It will be ok with light and filtering the water column.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new