Maxima is dying. Anything I can do?

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,076
Reaction score
1,810
Location
St. Louis, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maxima is dying. He was fine up until a couple days ago. He looks real bad now and has receded pretty far into his shell. I put some carbon in a filter cup yesterday. Anything else I can try? Should I do a freshwater dip or is he too far gone?

1F7165D8-9924-469F-8F24-9263550C7D35.jpeg
 
Doesn't look good. I would keep it stable but I suspect the end is near.
 
I really hate to suggest this but you should pull it out ASAP,
Nothing pollutes a tank like a dead clam
 
Yep that’s what I was afraid of. Was hoping there was some last ditch effort I could try. I have no idea what happened to it. I’ve had it for 6 months and it’s always looked great until the last few days. When do I know it’s time to remove it?
 
The time is now & as Joe Walsh sang, “ welcome to the club”
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new