Maxpect gyre should I buy it?

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Currently on gumtree there is a person selling a maxpect gyre among may other things. The gyre is an xf 150 and is only $100 negotiable so i can probably get it for less the only issue is it is 3 years old.
Should I buy it or not?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Currently on gumtree there is a person selling a maxpect gyre among may other things. The gyre is an xf 150 and is only $100 negotiable so i can probably get it for less the only issue is it is 3 years old.
Should I buy it or not?
If you need something quiet, I would look elsewhere. Great for flow though.

Brien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does in include the controller? I'd also tear it apart before buying and make sure there is no wear and tear. The gyre's do have small parts that need to be replaced periodically.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not really loud. I'm the second owner of an xf-150 and just purchased three new 250s for my new tank. Mine has lasted forever and cleaning can be a pain, but no more than any other pump. I picked up a used one first to be sure, but two years later I am confident to put the whole tank under their care. The flow is second to none, and that's basically why there's nothing else like it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back