Maxspect 3 series to Apex communication?

U

User1

View Badges
Just wish everyone would have API's to script/program against. Just ridiculous in this day and age.

So very true. Also imagine the cost reduction on equipment if there was a form in interconnect standard such as PC's or other peripheral devices. Everyone having their own dongle, controller, or portable device app is beyond silly not to mention the wire management and fire hazard in our homes. Bad enough we already are at risk with saltwater and electricity but have to agree - it is getting out of control.

About ready to pull my two XF250's for this reason. Can't reliably control via Apex or my Reef Angel so out the door they go. Will be using a Cor 20 and Cor 15 for dual return pumps and a set of 1" sea swirls. Tired of the clutter and lack of integration.

Edit: I meant to add that this isn't just a Maxspect issue - it is rampant with most if not all companies. Apologies if it seemed like I singled them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know it isnt just them, but man the CoralVue umbrella is a pretty big one, they could help be apart of the solution not the problem. I am building a new tank and I am in the same boat, want the new 300 series but not going to plop down that money without apex support. I have a pair of xf230 and they have been running like champs.

The market is clamoring for it, they have said it was coming at the last couple trade shows, believe there was even a demo of it but has yet to materialize.

So voting with dollars. Just need to find something soon.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, the demo was with lighting and the Maxspect Etheral (now EOL). We're assuming functionality will also include the gyres eventually, as at the time the ICV6 didn't support gyres (2017) but did gain such last year.

That said, it's glacial and only the PARENT Maxspect.com (China), here as @csmaxspect, can shed light on things. "Maxspect" on Facebook and here is the US branded distributor, they have nothing to do with ICV6 development or the app.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, the demo was with lighting and the Maxspect Etheral (now EOL). We're assuming functionality will also include the gyres eventually, as at the time the ICV6 didn't support gyres (2017) but did gain such last year.

That said, it's glacial and only the PARENT Maxspect.com (China), here as @csmaxspect, can shed light on things. "Maxspect" on Facebook and here is the US branded distributor, they have nothing to do with ICV6 development or the app.
Hi, thanks for your support. Coralvue is our sole distributor in USA. And our headquarter in Guangzhou China, are still at the moment of developing the IOTA system with Neptune Systems Company

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for your support. Coralvue is our sole distributor in USA. And our headquarter in Guangzhou China, are still at the moment of developing the IOTA system with Neptune Systems Company
Again, thank you for noting it is still under development.

U

User1

View Badges
Anyone seen these or know anyone with fist and knowledge of them?

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/octo-pulse-4-wave-pump-reef-octopus

I've not, no. The 0-10v control is interesting though because it says it can unlock other features and/or customer patterns. I'm not sure if it is a direct connect to the pump or their controller. If it is a direct fit outside maybe a cable it could be a viable option depending on what the pumps cleaning routine is and/or falloff over time.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back