Maxspect 3 series to Apex communication?

Discussion in 'Maxspect' started by chaostactics, Mar 30, 2019.

1. chaostactics

chaostactics Active Member Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

I mainly would like to have the apex tell the gyre to go into feed mode from my apex dashboard vs having to do it on the maxspect controller

2. Kyl

Kyl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Not yet possible.

chaostactics likes this.
  3. chaostactics

‍♂️

4. scriptmonkey

scriptmonkey Valuable Member R2R Supporter Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Just wish everyone would have API's to script/program against. Just ridiculous in this day and age.

saf1 likes this.
  5. saf1

saf1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

So very true. Also imagine the cost reduction on equipment if there was a form in interconnect standard such as PC's or other peripheral devices. Everyone having their own dongle, controller, or portable device app is beyond silly not to mention the wire management and fire hazard in our homes. Bad enough we already are at risk with saltwater and electricity but have to agree - it is getting out of control.

About ready to pull my two XF250's for this reason. Can't reliably control via Apex or my Reef Angel so out the door they go. Will be using a Cor 20 and Cor 15 for dual return pumps and a set of 1" sea swirls. Tired of the clutter and lack of integration.

Edit: I meant to add that this isn't just a Maxspect issue - it is rampant with most if not all companies. Apologies if it seemed like I singled them out.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  6. scriptmonkey

scriptmonkey Valuable Member R2R Supporter Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Yeah I know it isnt just them, but man the CoralVue umbrella is a pretty big one, they could help be apart of the solution not the problem. I am building a new tank and I am in the same boat, want the new 300 series but not going to plop down that money without apex support. I have a pair of xf230 and they have been running like champs.

The market is clamoring for it, they have said it was coming at the last couple trade shows, believe there was even a demo of it but has yet to materialize.

So voting with dollars. Just need to find something soon.

7. Kyl

To clarify, the demo was with lighting and the Maxspect Etheral (now EOL). We're assuming functionality will also include the gyres eventually, as at the time the ICV6 didn't support gyres (2017) but did gain such last year.

That said, it's glacial and only the PARENT Maxspect.com (China), here as @csmaxspect, can shed light on things. "Maxspect" on Facebook and here is the US branded distributor, they have nothing to do with ICV6 development or the app.

8. scriptmonkey

Gotcha thanks for keeping me honest. Well I have those lights as well...kind of a let down that it was not followed up on.

9. chaostactics

Yet ;Dead

I am sincerely regretting buying the 300 series and getting rid of my vortechs, but i need to get my tank up against the wall. Maybe ill get some neptune wav instead.

10. scriptmonkey

11. csmaxspect

csmaxspect Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hi, thanks for your support. Coralvue is our sole distributor in USA. And our headquarter in Guangzhou China, are still at the moment of developing the IOTA system with Neptune Systems Company

scriptmonkey and Kyl like this.
  12. Kyl

Again, thank you for noting it is still under development.

scriptmonkey likes this.
  13. saf1

saf1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

I've not, no. The 0-10v control is interesting though because it says it can unlock other features and/or customer patterns. I'm not sure if it is a direct connect to the pump or their controller. If it is a direct fit outside maybe a cable it could be a viable option depending on what the pumps cleaning routine is and/or falloff over time.

14. scriptmonkey

Draft saved Draft deleted