Maxspect ethereal settings?

Mrdbzking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find someone who has the same lights. I've got mine over a red sea 200xl which is a 2ft tank. I don't have access to a par reader, but my current settings 80% blues 30% whites and 80% UV. Maybe share your settings, and par readings If possible over a similar tank? I have a mixed reef that's about 4 months old. Perams are in check but new corals bleach after being acclimated and put at the bottom of the tank

20220427_150602.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mrdbzking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say new corals bleach, any specific types or all types?
It was mainly LPS and sps. But thankfully I was able to grab a par meter from a friend of mine. I thought the lights were way more powerful than they actually are. I was reading like 50s In the sand.. had to turn it up to 100% blues and UV to get decent par. Highest I could get was about 250 at the top of my rocks. Which is really low when in comparison to how high up they are

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was mainly LPS and sps. But thankfully I was able to grab a par meter from a friend of mine. I thought the lights were way more powerful than they actually are. I was reading like 50s In the sand.. had to turn it up to 100% blues and UV to get decent par. Highest I could get was about 250 at the top of my rocks. Which is really low when in comparison to how high up they are
Most of my corals are in the 75-125 PAR range (probably 150-175 for the handful of SPS).

OP
OP
M

Mrdbzking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my corals are in the 75-125 PAR range (probably 150-175 for the handful of SPS).
Interesting, I've recently grown to like sps so only thing I have right now are some birdsnest and cyfastria. just to see mainly how they do, as I learn more. LPS was up until recently my biggest interest. I have always heard acros and birdsnest should be kept 300-400 par

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I've recently grown to like sps so only thing I have right now are some birdsnest and cyfastria. just to see mainly how they do, as I learn more. LPS was up until recently my biggest interest. I have always heard acros and birdsnest should be kept 300-400 par
I know my LFS doesn't run their PAR that high for their SPS, so I try to take a cue from them.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back