Maxspect Gyre 200 Controller Acting up

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Maxspect Gyre Advanced Controller and 2 Gyre 250's. I have been trying to get them to ramp up while the other ramps down, (1 min ramp up and 1 minute ramp down), stay 1min at top set speed (while the other is at zero) and than ramp down while the other starts to ramp. This way I have a sort of moving gyre across the tank. Depending on the speed and ramping times I choose it either does nothing, or ramps both up and down at the same time, or keeps one at full blast while the other ramps up and down. I know I am using the right programmes for this (Pump A with the Oval arrows and pump be with the crossing arrows) but it is doing its own thing.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? How can a factory reset be performed?

thanks!

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Maxspect Gyre Advanced Controller and 2 Gyre 250's. I have been trying to get them to ramp up while the other ramps down, (1 min ramp up and 1 minute ramp down), stay 1min at top set speed (while the other is at zero) and than ramp down while the other starts to ramp. This way I have a sort of moving gyre across the tank. Depending on the speed and ramping times I choose it either does nothing, or ramps both up and down at the same time, or keeps one at full blast while the other ramps up and down. I know I am using the right programmes for this (Pump A with the Oval arrows and pump be with the crossing arrows) but it is doing its own thing.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? How can a factory reset be performed?

thanks!

I have the two Gyre XF280's with the advanced controller and I have this issue. I honestly just quit trying to figure it out.

The pumps are outstanding for what they were developed to do and they are dead silent. They move flow like no other pump I have owned, and they do it completely silent. Saying that, the ability to not be able to connect to a laptop or my Neptune Apex for run times and intensities make this pump one I would not purchase again. Its honestly FAR to difficult to create and save custom flow patterns with the advanced controller. My only real problem with the XF280, is that lower flow Maxspect gyres can be hooked up to an Apex with the expansion module.... but not the XF280. This to me makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and if I would have known this before I bought them, I would have gone another route.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at page 15 of the book. You want pump B to be time delay, not anti-synchronized

Tried it. Also does not work... and it shouldn’t given I want them to precisely cross in the middle of the ramping up and down, it just some random delay. I also do not want them to be at max at he same time but I do want each pump to be at max alone for 2 minutes to get a strong gyre current. With 2 min at max plus 1 min ramp up and 1min ramp down time delay function would result in both pumps being at max at some point in time and that would be too much flow, as well as both off at times which I also do not want.

The antisync mode sometimes works as intended, but depends on the exact max power settings as well as the chosen ramping up and down times...

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine programmed this way for months. So far crossing the streams has not destroyed anything.

jmccown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the XF 250 and find the controls hard to manipulate.

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact CoralVue support and submit a ticket for help. If they figure out the controller is faulty they'll send you a new one.

I have my two XF280 pumps as you're describing and they work flawlessly.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back