maxspect gyre 300 Pump A dead

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had these running on my 150 for about 14 months. Hurricane came through and my generator kicked on and off more than 3 times. Since then, pump A is dead. I just cleaned the pumps, so that should not be the issue. The weird thing is that after, the flow on my tank reversed. Most corals tended to blow towards the left, now towards the right. It mysteriously switched back and now pump A is dead. I know these things have issues, but I sure like the flow.

PS, I have reset the controller. Any new insight. Last thread I saw was from April, 2020.

Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Bpfor3

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the reply. Cleaned the pump, plugged and unplugged, and refreshed the controller and now they are working. ‍Who knows?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great news!

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little off topic but I am purchasing a generator for my house. This will not be an entire house automatic generator. I have an interlock installed on my electrical panel so I can feed the panel and turn on what circuits I want on. I am looking at 5000-8500 watt generators but was not sure if I needed an inverter. Does your generator have an inverter? I'm pretty sure your generator is automatic backup for your whole house since you said it kicked on.

OP
OP
Bpfor3

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I wish i could help but i have no idea what an inverter is. Mine is whole home if that helps.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little off topic but I am purchasing a generator for my house. This will not be an entire house automatic generator. I have an interlock installed on my electrical panel so I can feed the panel and turn on what circuits I want on. I am looking at 5000-8500 watt generators but was not sure if I needed an inverter. Does your generator have an inverter? I'm pretty sure your generator is automatic backup for your whole house since you said it kicked on.

Do you mean a transfer switch? Search "Generator Transfer Switch" on Google and you will know what I mean. I have one installed at my home and another at my office location incase of a power failure.

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean a transfer switch? Search "Generator Transfer Switch" on Google and you will know what I mean. I have one installed at my home and another at my office location incase of a power failure.

No I mean an interlock switch.

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I wish i could help but i have no idea what an inverter is. Mine is whole home if that helps.

Some portable generators have inverters in them, which controls power spikes that can occur with a generator, which can fry sensitive electronics (Tv's Computer). Thats what I was thinking could have been the culprit to your gyre issue. You got it working so I am not sure if that still was the problem or not, also not sure if backup home generators have or need inverters.

Thanks for the replies. Glad the gyre is working!

OP
OP
Bpfor3

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. It could have been. With our generator there is a 5 second lag from power outage and generator kickin. That happened about 5 times the night before so its very possible. i have some other sensitive electronics at the house and they all turned out ok. Who knows. Sounds like an inverter is a good idea.

Just glad i got them working. Was going to switch to MP40s, so it save me some $$ for now.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back