MAXSPECT GYRE JUMP - maintenance

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i bought the maxspect jump 4k about 9 months ago. havent cleaned it before because i dont see any build ups.

performance seems to be going downwards for the past few weeks (sand wasnt being washed around and cyano build up is visible) and the propeller bladess stopped moving all of the sudden. have cleaned it since then but to no avail. is there something wrong with the motor? it is still moving without the propeller blades but it does seem a bit slow at 90% speed

im not able to take the main propeller at the motor apart... coudlnt find any video online too. pls help. TIA WhatsApp Image 2021-07-19 at 9.46.45 AM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2021-07-19 at 9.46.17 AM.mp4
    4.6 MB

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're looking at the wrong wear part. The connection on the blades where the shaft runs through rounds out over time. They provide a spare set in the box and sell those replacement pieces because of this

OP
OP
M

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're looking at the wrong wear part. The connection on the blades where the shaft runs through rounds out over time. They provide a spare set in the box and sell those replacement pieces because of this
the for the reply. i did change those white bits but to no avail.
is there a way to remove the motor main shaft?

the seller told me to refer to the icecap3k video for the closest reference but im not able to..

was thinking to wash up the main shaft as well

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the for the reply. i did change those white bits but to no avail.
is there a way to remove the motor main shaft?

the seller told me to refer to the icecap3k video for the closest reference but im not able to..

was thinking to wash up the main shaft as well

Not the white bits but the black bits. "Plastic Rotor Bushings" seen at exactly 2:01.

OP
OP
M

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the white bits but the black bits. "Plastic Rotor Bushings" seen at exactly 2:01.
ok thanks alot. ill order some extras.. and see how it goes.. somehow i dont think the main shaft at th emotor opens up like the icecap 3k...

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks alot. ill order some extras.. and see how it goes.. somehow i dont think the main shaft at th emotor opens up like the icecap 3k...
It doesn't.
There is a like button, btw... ;)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in seeing this maintenance tip, receiving the jump 4k tomorrow. Pretty sure it is the exact same pump as the icecap 4k though not sure

OP
OP
M

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't.
There is a like button, btw... ;)
OMG it doesnt open up? i almost broke my arm trying from both ends.. lol
so what if the inside of the shaft gets dirty? soak the whole thing in vinegar water ? and run it at low speed?

hahaha liked all of ur replies thanks

OP
OP
M

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in seeing this maintenance tip, receiving the jump 4k tomorrow. Pretty sure it is the exact same pump as the icecap 4k though not sure
ya indeed. dumb manual doesnt say anything. ive got videos from other suppliers that says the left side opens up but have not been able to do so

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya indeed. dumb manual doesnt say anything. ive got videos from other suppliers that says the left side opens up but have not been able to do so
It doesn't open up from either side. Don't try, you might end up breaking the shaft. As far as cleaning, your plan is a good one.

OP
OP
M

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't open up from either side. Don't try, you might end up breaking the shaft. As far as cleaning, your plan is a good one.
thank you. i finally have closure to this.. i thought calcification shut it tight.. take care and stay safe

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
citric acid does wonders, if its still spinning a bit running it in a citric acid bath might losen up the rest of whatever is blocking it

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also i got the pump today and man its powerful got it running at 30% and still blowing sand on a 3ft tank

OP
OP
M

muffinmanX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also i got the pump today and man its powerful got it running at 30% and still blowing sand on a 3ft tank
mine deteriorated over 9 months without visible calcification and algae build up that may affect its performance.
its no longer blowing sand even at 100%.

maybe an issue with the motorin the first place.. i have cleaned it up with vinegar water solution and will see if everything is ok tomorrow.

Brent.Willmers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumps are the biggest piece of junk. I bought 6 of them to run in my 6ft and within a 16 months had to replace them as they all lost over 60%+ of its power even though a tight maintenance program was followed, cleaning them monthly in citric acid baths and scrubbing.
Manufacture say it’s bad luck and would need to buy new ones. Like hell I will never buy anything from them again.
I would not recommend these crap pumps to anyone.
save up and buy Ecotech at least their customer service is a lot better

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.2%
Back