Maxspect Gyre program

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have problems with programming a gyre 350 cloud and a 330, the 350 is placed vertically pointing at the front glass all along the flow and the 330 horizontally pointing up, both stuck on the same wall, what happens is that the flow in the area The top of the aquascaping where there are some acroporas does not seem to me to be strong enough and the sps area gives them too much flow... suggestions?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a photo of the tank so we can see the scape/coral density? Generally I'd recommend you have the gyres on the short ends opposite each other in the top 25% of the tank, running anti-sync to take advantage of the gyre flow

OP
OP
K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a photo of the tank so we can see the scape/coral density? Generally I'd recommend you have the gyres on the short ends opposite each other in the top 25% of the tank, running anti-sync to take advantage of the gyre flow
Would it help to put the 350 on the top and on the opposite side with a higher percentage of power than the 330 but at a lower level in depth?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it help to put the 350 on the top and on the opposite side with a higher percentage of power than the 330 but at a lower level in depth?
you generally don't want gyres low in the tank because they will tend to disturb your sand (if you have no sand, then certainly go for it)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back