Maxspect Gyre question

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a xf230 in my 29 gal nano and I was wondering if anyone else is using it? I been playing around with different setting and whatnot, with tons of flow but haven't found one I'm really please with. I would like to run it in the OGC mode that come from the factory but I can't tell if it's pulling any flow in reverse. Does anyone know the paddle setup I need to be using? Right now it is still set up like it was when I bought it. I have taken it out and cleaned it bi-weekly and put it back together. Do I need to run two A paddles? Two Bs? A and B? Any help will be appreciated guys

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to run an A and B. I can't remember which side goes where but when you install they both should push water out. You may need to try it a couple of times to figure out, I'm not near mine or I'd tell you for sure. I used the pulse mode for 3-4 seconds to give me strong random flow with my WAVes. Try that and see if it works for you.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to run an A and B. I can't remember which side goes where but when you install they both should push water out. You may need to try it a couple of times to figure out, I'm not near mine or I'd tell you for sure. I used the pulse mode for 3-4 seconds to give me strong random flow with my WAVes. Try that and see if it works for you.
Thanks salty, do you have any idea how strong you are running it? Also I notice your from Charlotte.. You ever do any business at Nemos Reef in Matthews?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks salty, do you have any idea how strong you are running it? Also I notice your from Charlotte.. You ever do any business at Nemos Reef in Matthews?
I don't know the actual output but @ 60% of total. Yes, I do a lot of business with Nemo's. Chris is a good guy.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal, I have it set on the OGC factory preset tight now @ 40%. Anything over that starts a sandstorm.. lol. I am about a hour and a half from Nemos so I'm going be heading up that way very soon to start picking up some coral for this tank.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup a xf-130 (bought it in 2015, new in box and haven't used it until this week), and it came with the wrong impeller installed in the left cage (A). It was pushing water out the bottom instead of the top. Took me awhile to figure that one out. I swapped it out and now both are pushing out the top. I have them pointed one notch (like 10 degrees?) upwards, and blasting a lot. Moved my sand around like crazy, but it's settled down now. I tried the pulsing mode, and that was pretty cool. The timing in between right out of the box was good, giving a little wave in my reefer 170. I'm still cycling so it's just on 20% or so at a constant speed. I'll probably go with the pulsing gyre when animals are in.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back